Hey guys. I picked up a peavey vypyr 75 recently. I really like the XXX model for a nice, thick rhythm tone. Im assuming that the real head would sound beter, but how close is the amp model to that sound?
I know the 6505 model is pretty close.

I'd bet the XXX model is pretty close aswell, peavey really
nailed the vypyr.

If your thinking of getting the XXX based off the vypyr model, I think your only
going to get an improvement in tone from the XXX.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
i have a xxx, and ill just say it does a GREAT thick rhythm tone. and so much gain on tap. i play deathcore-ish stuff on it sometimes on the crunch channel with the gain on 5. and that is plenty. i really like the amp and id recommend it. also, you can probably find a good deal on one. got mine for 100
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Holy sh!t, where'd you find one for $100?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
friend who needed to get rid of it haha. he got it for 350 though, still a good deal there.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I don't think the 6505 model sounds close, or the XXX model. The Vypyr has a horrible high frequency in it that I hate
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
thanks. Im using the Vypyr to record riffs and stuff, but I still want to get a nice tube head to use live and for when I actually go in to record things