I need tips on what to do for my next equipment/project.

I have a ibanez Rg2ex1 and last night i played a show and i dropped my guitar ( my damn strap came off >_> and i dont know what really happened it was very shocking and a lot of fails. so when i looked at it the input jack thingy has slipped in from the little shield that holds it and now the input is like half a inch out of the shield thing. The guitar works totally fine but its kinda annoying to have it poking out. I might have a missing piece so i will take it to a shop and have a look at it.

Anyways should i customize that guitar and give it new pickups and all or would it be better to just buy a totally new guitar?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Neither new pups nor a new guitar will make a big difference as long as you're playing through a Vypyr 30.

Just replace the jack if it's broken, those are cheap.
That's a $300 guitar brand new. I don't think I'd consider putting $200 worth of PUs into it. You'd have to pull them later on when you sell the guitar and sell the pUs separately.
Moving on.....
alright guys

and i'm getting a mesa boogie triple rec on august if everything works out so it will make a difference.

also would it be better to get cheap gear and put pickups and things in it or just get a real nice guitar for more money?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
I'd rather get a nice guitar than drop a couple hundred worth of upgrades into a cheap one. There are nice cheap guitars, mind you, but usually it's not worth it (imo).

Also: Get the amp first, then think about pups and whatnot. The amp will give you most of your tone. Play it for a couple of weeks, see what you like about it and what you don't like, then start researching what type of guitar and what pickups will help you to get rid of the things you don't like. Pickups are for fine tuning your sound, you can't fine tune without a proper amp first. If you buy new pups now it's basically just a stab in the dark.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jun 1, 2010,
haha yea
well this thread is for future projects and such

i like to always plan ahead so i can research things.

Like i asked about a new amp awhile back on UG and i just found one to buy now XD
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
I would pick my guitar first and use it to audition any prospective amps. That way the two would match better.
Moving on.....
How much do you like your guitar? Have you played guitars that are say, double or more the price of your guitar and still perfer your guitar over them? If that is the case, upgrading your guitar can certainly be worthwhile. My first Guitar was about $400 new but I opted to hang on to it and drop some DiMarzios in it because I played guitars that were double or more it's price that I didn't care for as much as it, and it was a very smart investment IMO.
Putting $200 worth of PUs into a $400 guitar is hardly an investment. When you sell that guitar it'll still be worth less than $400 so you'll be better off removing the PUs and re-installing the originals and either selling the Dimarzios separately or installing them in your next guitar.
Moving on.....
well i love my guitar but i would rather have a Ibanez S series ( I LOVE THEIR BODY it is so freaking light and very curvy)

I really want a guitar that is very versatile becasue i had to use my drummer's guitar for my show becasue my input jack got mest up and i like the copy strat sound better then my RG for killing in the name, but when i play it with a metal song i didnt like it even with the humbucker in the strat it didnt sound as good.

Some one recommended me a Tele with a Dimarzio super distortion in the bridge and a fender Noiseless pickup in the neck.

I was thinking about getting a Monkey lord guitar ( supposedly the guitar is made you can pick up own config on pickups.) also i belive it has a coil tap/ killsiwtch which would be awesome!!! is coil tapping a humbucker same thing as having a single coil ?

and one thing any differnece between the Dimarzio super distortion single coil and humbucker ?

okay i now that was alot :P
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
anyone?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit