The bridge on my Fender Strat is compressed all the way, and I can's use the bar at all. When I took off the strings the bridge went back to flat, neutral position. I tried using lighter strings to see if it would fix the problem, but it didn't help... I was wondering if anyone's had a similar problem, or knows what to do to fix it
try the your bridge springs in the back
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")98% of teenagers in America are currently bringing sexy back. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 2% where sexy never left.
any pics?? at least a diagram on paint of what you mean?? i really dont understand you

EDIT: yeah i reread and i feel stupid. must be your springs. take one or two out. Also, lighter springs reduce tension on the neck's side, so that may have deepened the problem even further.
hello

n.n
Last edited by BusterSword at May 31, 2010,
Quote by BusterSword
any pics?? at least a diagram on paint of what you mean?? i really dont understand you

EDIT: yeah i reread and i feel stupid. must be your springs. take one or two out. Also, lighter springs reduce tension on the neck's side, so that may have deepened the problem even further.

Taking springs out won't work. The strings are pulling the bridge up, meaning the bridge needs counter-tension on the other side. You'll want to add a spring or two to the back cavity.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Tightened up the springs, retuned, works perectly. Thank ya very much, gentlemen