Ive played bassguitar for a while but my ear is still very weak, I im asking for help now, I need songs or something to pick out with my ear. Something really really easy, cuz im really bad at it at the moment

Thank you!
The Chain
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
For Whom The Bel Tolls - Metallica
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
Uprising - Muse
Quote by whalepudding
Look at your guitar. Is it small, stripy, and honey-producing? If so, you might have gotten it mixed up with a bee.

Quote by WillPlayForFood
My last room mate came hoem drunk kicked my door in and proceeded to roll me up into my futon matress. He can go to hell for that.
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Strangers Dance
Side-By-Side
To Feel
Something Close
To Love
But I Don't
Feel Warm Tonight.
What type of music do you play? That will narrow it down. A lot of classic rock tunes have simple but fantastic bass parts. Cream's White Room is one of them.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
What type of music do you play? That will narrow it down. A lot of classic rock tunes have simple but fantastic bass parts. Cream's White Room is one of them.

Well I almost everything except jazz and funk :P
Quote by Zooku
Well I almost everything except jazz and funk :P

This may be a stretch, but I'd recommend checking out the band Cake. Their bass lines are pretty distinct and enjoyable. For starters, check out a song called "Opera Singer."

I'd be interested to hear whether or not you have trouble picking that bass line out. Having played for eight or so years, sometimes I have trouble rewinding and trying to remember where I was at any given point.

Some other songs I used when I was newish at bass:

Commissioning a Symphony in C — Cake
Pretty Fly for a White Guy — The Offspring
Original Prankster — The Offspring
Time is Running Out — Muse
Du Hast — Rammstein
Links 2 3 4 — Rammstein
Engel — Rammstein

These should all be relatively straightforward, and you can probably find them on YouTube or somewhere easy to get the idea (if your taste in music can handle such bands as Cake or Rammstein, haha). If I think of more, I'll chime back in.
All your bass are belong to me <3
Quote by AllYourBass
This may be a stretch, but I'd recommend checking out the band Cake. Their bass lines are pretty distinct and enjoyable. For starters, check out a song called "Opera Singer."

I'd be interested to hear whether or not you have trouble picking that bass line out. Having played for eight or so years, sometimes I have trouble rewinding and trying to remember where I was at any given point.

Some other songs I used when I was newish at bass:

Commissioning a Symphony in C — Cake
Pretty Fly for a White Guy — The Offspring
Original Prankster — The Offspring
Time is Running Out — Muse
Du Hast — Rammstein
Links 2 3 4 — Rammstein
Engel — Rammstein

These should all be relatively straightforward, and you can probably find them on YouTube or somewhere easy to get the idea (if your taste in music can handle such bands as Cake or Rammstein, haha). If I think of more, I'll chime back in.

I think Symphony in C is on my level earwise : )! Thank you, I like rammstein alot but I find it hard to hear the bass sometimes.
Quote by Zooku
I think Symphony in C is on my level earwise : )! Thank you, I like rammstein alot but I find it hard to hear the bass sometimes.

Rammsteins bass is almost always same as the guitar.
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Quote by Gessu
Rammsteins bass is almost always same as the guitar.

Exactly. Take a look at "Engel"...the bass line is really distinct and stays the same through the whole song; generally speaking though, with Rammstein, the bass is following the guitars.

I'm glad you found Commissioning a Symphony in C to be on your level I enjoy that song and taught myself different elements of bass with it long ago.
All your bass are belong to me <3
Im bumping this thread, I would like more songs >.> Easier if possible!
Quote by TheLetheProject
The Police - Roxanne
Dio - Holy Diver

Just tried the Dio song for the lulz. Since I knew it pretty well, I hashed out the tabs within 20min
You'll find that the longer you work on learning tunes by ear, the easier it gets. Find tunes that are easy but not too easy - push yourself to stretch out and learn songs in different styles, at different tempos, etc. Give yourself a good workout.

Yesterday I learned two tunes by Earth, Wind and Fire that are simple and groovy as **** - Help Somebody and Moment of Truth. Not too hard once you can hear the lines.
Last edited by aguacateojos at Jun 25, 2010,
feel good inc. - gorillaz

last ride in - green day
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Quote by aguacateojos
You'll find that the longer you work on learning tunes by ear, the easier it gets. Find tunes that are easy but not too easy - push yourself to stretch out and learn songs in different styles, at different tempos, etc. Give yourself a good workout.

Yesterday I learned two tunes by Earth, Wind and Fire that are simple and groovy as **** - Help Somebody and Moment of Truth. Not too hard once you can hear the lines.

I know dude... but everything is too hard... It really is : /
Quote by Zooku
Ive played bassguitar for a while but my ear is still very weak, I im asking for help now, I need songs or something to pick out with my ear. Something really really easy, cuz im really bad at it at the moment Thank you!

I'd suggest sitting down at a piano/keyboard and working on ear training.
If that's not possible, classic Santana. The tunes aren't complicated and the bass lines are way out in front in the mix.
Last edited by OtamotPuhctek at Jun 26, 2010,
Piggy - Nine Inch Nails
Push It - Garbage
Stupid Girl - Garbage
Dance Dance - Fall Out Boy
Bodies - Danzig
To Walk The Night - Samhain
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Almost anything by My Morning Jacket, but mainly these:

Lay Low
One Big Holiday
Aluminum Park
Remnants
Off the Record
Dondante
Mahgeetah

Two Tone Tommy is a great bassist to listen to at your stage. He really knows how to play in the pocket and fit great, simple fills into the perfect spots. I really learned alot from listening to the way he plays the bass, and he remains one of my favorite bassists.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Cheap Trick - I Want You To Want Me
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Goo Goo Dolls - Name
Green Day - Holiday
Kaki King - Montreal
Kill Hannah - Believer
Muse - Resistance

Hope some of those help.
Member of UG's LBGTQQ
Member of the Grammar Nazi's
PM Matticuss22 to join.

Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
EARLY PUNKROCK. most anything by the ramones. Blitzkreigh Bop, I Wanna Be Sedated, I just wanna have somthin to do. Get Off My Back by the Casualties...hm Anarchy In The UK by the Sex Pistols, Viva La Revelution by the Adicts. stuff like that.
Spoon + Pen = Spen
Quote by HJS >.>
What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.