hey guys, im looking to buy an overdrive to use mostly as a VOLUME and gain boost for solos and later on as a boost for my future tube amp(i currently have a valvetronix, but im thinking about buying an all tube combo in the near future, if you want to suggest an amp to you're welcome)

I´m in a band and play mostly rock but we have a few softer songs and a few heavier too, but mostly rock.

i dont have a specific budget but id prefer to keep it under 150 unless its a major difference.

dont suggest me to just buy an amp because a friends buying it for me on a trip to the US and he wont bring an amp with him.
Last edited by nithin909 at May 31, 2010,
I have a Boss BD-2 that works well with tube amps, I'll keep the dirt channel set at a good crunchy rhythm tone, then I'll hit the BD-2, which is set with low distortion and high volume and it'll smooth out the dirt and boost it for a good lead tone. I haven't really used it with a SS amp but it's a suggestion.
Quote by SatanPriest
I have a Boss BD-2 that works well with tube amps, I'll keep the dirt channel set at a good crunchy rhythm tone, then I'll hit the BD-2, which is set with low distortion and high volume and it'll smooth out the dirt and boost it for a good lead tone. I haven't really used it with a SS amp but it's a suggestion.

i used to have a Boss BD-2 with my SS crate that i used to have, but after i got a bugera v22, i noticed that it started to sound kinda assy when i boosted the amp with it so i sold it off and bought a Fulltone OCD and its just a wicked awesome pedal. I think i'd be perfect for your needs. its a pretty versatile pedal check one out heres a link and a demo from proguitarshop:

http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-overdrive-pedals-fulltone-overdrive-pedals-c-602_6_299/fulltone-ocd-overdrive-p-424

and its V.4 btw check both the demos with the strat and the LP
Quote by r4ster
Pedalboard wood alters the tone

To each his own

Gear-
'06 Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel
Quote by nithin909
whhat amp do you use it with?

A Fender HotRod DeVille 410
fulltone ocd
mxr gt-od
ibanez ts9
visual sound route 808
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
i can honestly say that there is really nothing bad about the OCD. for my purposes it has everything i could want ( i mostly play blues, hardrock, classic rock, etc.). its really versatile with the HP and LP switching which basically in the HP mode gives you some more gain and mids while LP acts more like a clean boost i find it pretty fun to play around with it. go down to a local music shop and see if they have it and just experiment a little im pretty sure ud like it
Quote by r4ster
Pedalboard wood alters the tone

To each his own

Gear-
'06 Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel