some kind of boost/drive pedal that you can use to add some upper register perhaps
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
this aint really an effects pedal, but u could install a sustaniac pickup that gradually turns ur note into a harmonic, and does a couple other nifty things
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Gain boost, higher output p'up or Active p'ups an overdrive pedal in front (accually i think it is behind but if u have both u can try it, i dont have an overdrive pedal) of ur distortion (warning: this can get VERY loud and if you do that you have to control the overdrive very well)
Eh.
im running emgs 81s and 85s on my guitar (ibanez rg350) into a tbx 150 half stack which is also made by ibanez. For some reason Getting harmonics is extremely hard with this setup. Idk why. I had emgs on a les paul special II which is a 160 dollar guitar and i could do pinch harmonics all day on it. And even with the stock infinity pickups i had originally on my ibanez which had horrible tone, I could get better harmonics then my ibanez with emgs. WTF!!!!!
Quote by esredshore657
im running emgs 81s and 85s on my guitar (ibanez rg350) into a tbx 150 half stack which is also made by ibanez. For some reason Getting harmonics is extremely hard with this setup. Idk why. I had emgs on a les paul special II which is a 160 dollar guitar and i could do pinch harmonics all day on it. And even with the stock infinity pickups i had originally on my ibanez which had horrible tone, I could get better harmonics then my ibanez with emgs. WTF!!!!!

its all about technique. if you can get them decently loud unplugged, then you can get good ones when going through an amp
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
If you can get harmonics to ring out easily on other guitars, the chances are the problem is this guitar hasn't been set up correctly - if the intonation is off or if the action is too high or too low then areas where you can get a pinch harmonic to ring out properly may change slightly. Also, the LP Special that you mentioned is 24.75" scale while your Ibanez is 25.5" scale - now this is something that comes purely from my own personal experience and could be different for each person, but for me I have always foudn it much easier to get pinch harmonics rinigng out on 24.75" scale guitars than 25.5" scale - that said I can do them on 25.5" scale too.

I would run down this list:
  • Practise, practise, practise. You absolutely do not need boost pedals, compressors or extra gain to get pinch harmonics sounding out correctly - you can get pinch harmonics ringing out on an acoustic if your technique is good enough. Nine times out of ten if someone is having trouble with harmonics, it's entirely because their technique is terrible.
  • Make sure you're not using too much gain. After a certain point, too much gain will actually just muddy the tone up in an inaudible wall of noise.
  • Make sure you have your amp's mid control at halfway or higher. Don't reduce the mids below this. Weak mids = no response.
  • Use a slightly thicker pick.
  • Check that the guitar is set up properly; action is at a reasonable height (not so low the strings hit the fretwire or is effected byt he magnetic pull of the pickups, not so high it is unplayable), pickups are at the right height (lower = better response and sustain, important for subtle techniques like pinch harmonics), intonation is set correctly at the bridge, etc.
  • Consider using a different string gauge. Very thin strings produce a weaker sound so things like pinch harmonics may be coming out too weak for the pickups to pick up on properly. Very thick strings can vibrate in a more restricted manner, also making pinch harmonics weaker than they need to be. For a 25.5" scale guitar, a standard set of .09, .10 or .11 strings is recommended.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Compression/sustainer helps them ringout alot longer.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
yeah i have one of those and it sucks the tone right out of my amp. I play mostly metal so a compression sustainer wouldnt really help my sound any. or at least from what i can tell it doesnt
a BBE sonic maximizer may help a little bit, but practice is paramount.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'm making my own sustainer specifically to enhance plucked string harmonics.

Technique is all well & good, but it can take some 'energy' out the string - leading to reduced signal strength & premature note fade - my sustainer keeps the harmonic'ed note alive.

i'm getting some absolutely insane harmonics out of the one I'm making - & I don't mean a bog standard sustainer harmonic mode where you flick a switch & a std harmonic fades in - no, I'm talking a special sustainer mode, where the sustained note is normal until you brush/glance the vibrating string with your finger at different points - wild harmonics then leap out (& hold) - crazy!
Last edited by HankMcSpank at Jun 1, 2010,