Ok nuff said the guy is a genius. Technique aside the music he writes/ composes is just different class. People foolishly think oh that guy can play Steve Vai stuff therefore he's as good a guitarist? Yeah right! try write music like Steve and then we'll see. Anyways now that have that off my chest heres my question? I've only started trying to play Steve Vai's stuff - nearly impossible unless you have a really good ear as all the tab out there is wrong - and wanna know what peolpe think is his most difficult song to play? soo far I think it must be Erotic Nightmare (I've learn't for the Love of God and Blue Powder and have messed about with a couple of other songs from Passion and Warfare). Are his other albums as good?
Hardest to play...probably The Riddle imo, which I also believe is one of his best written songs.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Try playing The Audience is Listening that ones pretty damn hard. Also try the Reaper that's a fun one.

Also i agree with your opening statement completely! imo most anyone can learn a song should they devote the time and discipline required to it.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
Quote by PerpetualBurn
Hardest to play...probably The Riddle imo, which I also believe is one of his best written songs.

Wasn't expecting to see that as the first reply.. The Riddle is my favorite Vai song

Blue Powder is really hard too
Juice is pretty damn hard. The hardest Vai song I know imo. Also, the Answers solo he did live. I'll find it.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSdxh59UZDA
Starts at 3:35
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Last edited by bingeandletgo at May 31, 2010,
Probably not his hardest song, but IMO For the Love of God is the most beautiful song of his to play.
Bad Horsie. It's definitely not his hardest song to play but I still love the sound he gets on it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Most of his songs have a bit that is really hard and some easy stuff. I know 80% of some of his songs, but will probably never get the last 20% right, so I fake it. I do like his clean stuff, Tender Surrender starts off pretty easy and nice, but the legato stuff at the end is hard as hell, so I improvise tap something there.
Building the Church intro is pretty hard, but overall song i'd say either Blue Powder or Erotic Nightmares, but i think the hardest part of learning Vai is getting his tone and the feel of the music.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by bingeandletgo
Juice is pretty damn hard. The hardest Vai song I know imo. Also, the Answers solo he did live. I'll find it.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSdxh59UZDA
Starts at 3:35

god he never stops amazing me.
every song he plays has a different feel to it, and its effin amazing!

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
I remember Whispering A Prayer being alot harder than I first thought it would be.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.