Great stuff! Some really cool percusive stuff going on there. Only suggestion I have would be to apply some very light compression or limiting as some of the percusive hits are a little to loud in relation to the rest of the song. But as for the song itself, fantastic!

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319540
really cool song. i agree with maccabe on the compression/limiting. some of the percussive hits are a little loud. especially the ones with your knuckles.

only other thing is that your low E seems to be hitting something. maybe it isnt held down quite right by the capo, ive had that issue at times. but it seems to be sort of fretting out as it is.

playing was really cool though. i enjoyed the use of the strings behind the capo. gave the whole thing a nice bit of extra texture. also some nice repeated motifs in there, that were offset by some cool sections. i felt the full on percussive part was a tad long. i was thinking if you interspersed a couple string picks in there it wouldnt seem quite as repetative. liked the song though, not a style i see much of.

if you care to crit mine, check the green link in my sig.
Simply magnificant....I wish my skills at the acoustic could be a quarter of yours. Your talent seems to tell a tale of music, which leads through all the lands and finally returns you to silence, but with something new....I absolutely loved it, and am subscribing to your works.

I have no real critique for your work, as it seems immaculate. Wonderful job!

I would like to ask, however, where did you learn such skills? I would love to have some ability like that one day for my own playing
I need a guitar buddy to teach me what I don't already know who wants to be my friend ???
Wow, thanks so much for the kind words! As far as where I picked up my techniques and all that, I just try to learn from watching others. Erik Mongrain is one of my biggest influences technique-wise, along with Andy McKee, Antoine Dufour, and those guys.

But yeah, no lessons or anything. Just a lot of copying artists who are a lot better than me
Quote by derekstorymusic
Wow, thanks so much for the kind words! As far as where I picked up my techniques and all that, I just try to learn from watching others. Erik Mongrain is one of my biggest influences technique-wise, along with Andy McKee, Antoine Dufour, and those guys.

But yeah, no lessons or anything. Just a lot of copying artists who are a lot better than me

Haha hey man its cool, thats kinda how I got my current level of skill. I started trying to learn Yngwie songs, but i cant play that fast, so i rearranged it into my own use of phrygian, minor, and harmonic minor scales lol.

Also sure thing XD was just sayin what I thought about your song.
I need a guitar buddy to teach me what I don't already know who wants to be my friend ???