It honestly sucks pretty hardcore. I want to be a music teacher or a band director, but I honestly cannot sing to save my life. I can tell the notes are wrong, but I can't fix them if I tried. I have trouble harmonizing with a f*cking piano. I can play woodwind instruments fine, but with brass having to pick out a pitch, I'm screwed. I can't even join my chorus because I suck too much, and they NEED guys voices. I'm only a freshman now, but still, there's nothing else I really want to do, so I'm pretty much stuck to performance with a woodwind instrument, which isn't that fun.

Fck My Life.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Keep practicing, there are plenty of ear training courses online, many of which are free. Unless you are actually tone deaf, you will see improvements over time, but don't expect anything to change instantly.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by TheBigProjekt
Fck My Life.

I've never seen that before. That's awesome.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Same deal here man. After playing guitar for a few years it's gotten a bit better, but I still can't sing to save my life.
Quote by TheBigProjekt
but with brass having to pick out a pitch, I'm screwed..

Tone deaf.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

in the beggining, my singing voice sounded like a dog humping a middle-aged dominican man's leg. but then i just started singing along with everything and it's gotten way better in just a few months. all you have to do is practice. practice any way you can. ear trainiig courses, just singing along, playing instruments. just practice.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Don't worry about it TS you just need to practice more. When I started singing I sounded like complete shit, but now I sound better. You just need to set aside some time to practice everyday so you can improve your singing. Trust me with time you'll get better.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Dude it doesn't matter. I'm tone deaf and a pretty good bassist i hear, it just means you have to work harder at theory and such.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by SeEsAw12
Sounds like you're in a lot of treble

Yeah maybe he should take some bassic ear training classes.

▲ ▲

World War Z
~♥~

[addicted][to][you]
My dearest friend, if you don't mind
I'd like to join you by your side
Where we can gaze into the stars
And sit together, now and forever
For it is plain as anyone can see
We're simply meant to be
Quote by Drmckool
Dude it doesn't matter. I'm tone deaf and a pretty good bassist i hear, it just means you have to work harder at theory and such.

It does matter if you want to be a high school music teacher or band director
Quote by Vacuity
It does matter if you want to be a high school music teacher or band director

i still think you could get by it with an excellent knowledge of theory
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Drmckool
i still think you could get by it with an excellent knowledge of theory

I don't think so man you have to know how to play all the band instruments! (he said he couldn't play brass because he is tone-deaf)
you need to be a decent singer too
Quote by TheBigProjekt
I can tell the notes are wrong, but I can't fix them if I tried.
This is just a matter of control and practice.

Get an recorder and practice matching pitches on a piano or smth, with your voice. Playback and evaluate how well you do. Keep working at it. You'll get there.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'm pretty sure this isn't your exact problem, but I used to be like you are for the most part, but then i took two years of music theory classes at my school.

The teacher was phenomenal, one of the most annoying, but helpful parts of the class was when he did aural training. He would sit down, tell us the key, play a four part choir piece on the piano, and have us transcribe it.

It was terrible and such, but it really did help my ear and singing to an extent since he had us sing the parts back to him.
To be tone deaf you have to be incapable of telling different pitches apart.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Vacuity
I don't think so man you have to know how to play all the band instruments! (he said he couldn't play brass because he is tone-deaf)
you need to be a decent singer too

My singing ****ing sucks, and I'm one skilled guy when it comes to notes stuff. I do sing notes in my head though. By practicing theory and trying to create melodies, one ends up knowing what notes might match with a certain melody or harmony. That's what scales are for somewhat, it's just a group of notes that goes well together. This being said, if you practice let's say the minor scale a lot, it'll be very easy for you to guess which notes fits well in a certain moment of a song with a minor scale, and if you practice further like me (what I mean by further is that when you start to try to match and to know how notes that aren't in a said scale will sound in that said scale), you get to be even better at this.

Quote by TheBigProjekt

Fck My Life.

Practice theory, and your singing of course, it can't hurt you but only help a lot. Read post to know why.
Quote by SeEsAw12
Maybe he's just a ritardando.

Nah, I think he's just looking for a trill or two.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
As serious as a thread this is, I couldn't help but laugh at some of these jokes XD

Thanks for the input, I'm trying a few ear training courses as we speak.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.