Is there any possible way to play a B or F(major or minor) chord in open position on a normal 6 six-string guitar? I came up with a Bmajor chord like this:

x
x

But I can't come up with anything for F. Are there any possibilities?
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
Ever try a chord chart? There's tons available online. Google one.
that is open position for an F.

Look at the notes in F.. and look at the notes of the open strings.. pick the ones with the notes in F and then fill in the rest and you have whatever you want to call an open F chord. pretty simple to figure out if you ask me.

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Last edited by glenthemann at Jun 1, 2010,
Well this isn't the first time this question has come across any guitar players mind. This simple answer to this is that you cannot play either B or F open. And the reason?? The guitar is a somewhat "magical" instrument in that you have the moveable chord shapes based on the only true open chords: C, A, G, E, and D. Even in this config for F:

x
x

It isn't truly open at all because you are barring strings 1 and 2 on the first fret. With that said however you "could" fudge this chord a little:

x
x
x

Although not as rich sounding the triad is there. You could overpower it with an A in the bass and play two major 3rd's:

x
x

Not really recommended. Sounds somewhat muddy and then becomes a 1st inversion.

B major open:

x
x

F major open:

x
x

These are the only true open shapes I could find. The voicings will be slightly different but I hope this helps. I got those from www.all-guitar-chords.com. Go check it out to see if you can get further assistance.

Ibanez SGT520VS Sage Series Acoustic
Yamaha FG720S-12 12 String Acoustic
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate Flexwave FW65 Combo Amp
x
x

I do that for F a lot of times. It's not technically a regular F chord but it works in most cases.
Trust me, it's easier to just learn to barre and deal with those chords being a little painful and tiring until the calluses build up all over your index finger and your tendons get used to it.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
no one ever said that he doesnt want to play those chords because they're hard. Maybe he just doesnt like the tone of barr chords. I personally try to avoid them because i think they are rather dull