Page 1 of 2
i just took an ibanez jem (replica) in trade. i am almost positive the thing is a fake, but i also didnt give much credit for it. one thing i will say, is even for a fake it plays awesome. anyways i was curious if they are worth any kind of cash value ? this guitar is in very good shape, and definately one of the better "replica" guitars out there. i am still up in the air on keeping it since i am not a huge ibanez fan, but then again thisnt isnt a real ibanez lol. anyways back to my question, given the fact it is a replica guitar, if listed as a replica and not the real thing is it worth anything ?
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Last edited by MYLILSS at May 31, 2010,
No, fakes are pretty much worthless, no matter what the quality is.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
No, fakes are pretty much worthless, no matter what the quality is.

decoration?
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
the guitar is the white version, with that tree of life design on the fretboard, with gold hardware ... i will try and get some pics of it later on, it is actually a very good looking guitar, and plays as good as my peavey wolfgang if not a tad bit better, but it is not a true JEM so i didnt know if it was worth anything or not

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by Darkflame
how can you be so sure it's a fake ?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it says right on the back of the headstock the name of the true manufacturer and that it's a fake.
Gear:

Early 90's B.C. Rich STIII N.J. Series, Red Sparkle
1988 Charvel Model 4, Firecrackle - Retired
2003-04s Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Gray Nickel
Line 6 Spidervalve HD100 MK1 with Marshall VS412
i am gonna take some pics and will show yall the guitar, but it has licensed floyd rose, not the edge, and it also has 9 screws on the pickguard rather than 10, and a few other subtle differences ....

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Your best bet is to ask on Jemsite. There are a lot of people over there who know a lot about Ibanez's.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
Quote by YngwieLi
Your best bet is to ask on Jemsite. There are a lot of people over there who know a lot about Ibanez's.

^ This

Ask the guys at guys at Jemsite about it in the Jem thread.

Jemsite

They'll be able to tell you, the back of the headstock should be a dead giveaway, if it says anything at all.

I see a lot of those Chibanez guitars when I travel overseas.
Last edited by OldEscape at May 31, 2010,
yeah i am going to post over there too, just dont wanna be bashed for trying to sell a fake, cuz i am 99.9% sure it is a fake, i mean i basically took it in trade for a few hundred bucks i was owed ..

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by DIFTWOOD
as long as you dont sell it and you like how it feels and plays keep it

as of right now i dont have any intentions of selling it, but i am not the biggest fan of ibanez or ibanez style guitars. this one plays great and sounds good with whatever pickups it has, so i am happy for the time being.

i was just curious as to any possible value if any should i ever decide to get rid of it

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Hmmmmm; looks like a Jem 7v, the neck looks wrong though, weird lookin' volume and tone knobs. Fretboard inlays seem fishy.

Compare the necks here neck
Last edited by OldEscape at May 31, 2010,
yeah i personally dont like gold hardware on anything, so most of this is coming off in favor o some nice chrome hardware, with new tuners and all that good stuff. i had intially thought about putting a set of white emg's in it, but these pickups sound great so i am gonna leave them alone ...

edit :: even though the inlays dont looks exactly like the actual JEM guitars, they really did a good job, as everything fits nice and tight, and none of the inlay is sticking up or sinking down into the fretboard ...

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Last edited by MYLILSS at May 31, 2010,
you can tell it's fake because

-there is "Abalone" in the tree-of-life.
-there are only 9 pick guard mounting screws, instead of 10.
-it has a floyd of some sort, not an edge pro
-it has "Team J craft" on the back
-the logo is miscolored

weird, i never expected a fake to have the wenge sandwhiched into the neck..

more on fake guitars at Ultimate Fake Guitar Thread

also, dont get any plans to sell the guitar. it's a felony unless you scratch off the logos
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I would say that even though you like it, the dude that owed you money and traded this for the money owed needs a nice fist in the face, cause if you do end up lookin' to sell it later on down the road, you won't get anything near what that prick owes you, & I'm sure he was aware of this when he traded it to you to erase his debt. You might be able to get that off your hands for 200 usd, that's my assumption though, the Jemsite folks will be able to tell you much better than I can about this matter in whole.
its a felony ?? didnt know that. dont really plan to sell as of yet ... apparently i am not gonna sell it lol ...

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by OldEscape
I would say that even though you like it, the dude that owed you money and traded this for the money owed needs a nice fist in the face, cause if you do end up lookin' to sell it later on down the road, you won't get anything near what that prick owes you, & I'm sure he was aware of this when he traded it to you to erase his debt. You might be able to get that off your hands for 200 usd, that's my assumption though, the Jemsite folks will be able to tell you much better than I can about this matter in whole.

i tried jemsite, and got 3 pm's in 5 minutes rippin me for taking it ... so dont think i will get a ton of info from there. either way i guess i chalk it up to lesson learned ...

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Ugh, I thought the Jemsite people would have a been a bit more friendly and kind, you meet ugly people no matter where you go...

Maybe you can fool the pawnshop man for a price equivalent to what was owed. Get a bald cap and blend it into your forehead so it looks like you have no hair, give yourself some fake facial hair and a fake nose, a scar or two on your cheeks, you'll be harder to identify that way if trouble brews after the sale. Lastly; smash that sucker who traded it to you in the face, right in the face. Tell him that's where it's goin'.
Quote by MYLILSS
its a felony ?? didnt know that. dont really plan to sell as of yet ... apparently i am not gonna sell it lol ...

yes.

just out of curiosity, check and see if it has a truss rod. 80% of all the fakes that have gone through my hands either just had a metal rod, or no truss at all.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Wow, that's definitely a fake. You can't sell it, (legally, that is,) unless you scratch off all logos on it, in which case it most likely will not be sold, because people will know it's a fake.

But if it plays nicely and doesn't sound like a piece of plywood with rubber bands as strings, just hang on to it; use it as a wall ornament, or a modding guitar, if it so happens that it's made out of okay quality wood.

Except for what I just mentioned, I honestly don't think there's much else to do with it other then burn it, though.
from what i could tell, it has a metal rod, and not a truss rod ... it definately has something there, but it looks nothing like any of the truss rods i have seen ... so my guess is that it is just a metal rod

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Wow, that's definitely a fake. You can't sell it, (legally, that is,) unless you scratch off all logos on it, in which case it most likely will not be sold, because people will know it's a fake.

But if it plays nicely and doesn't sound like a piece of plywood with rubber bands as strings, just hang on to it; use it as a wall ornament, or a modding guitar, if it so happens that it's made out of okay quality wood.

Except for what I just mentioned, I honestly don't think there's much else to do with it other then burn it, though.

it actually does play really nice, which i kinda of thought to be odd for a replica or "FAKE" ... i will more than likely find a different ibanez neck to put on it, but i am not sure whats gonna get done with it yet ...

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by MYLILSS
i tried jemsite, and got 3 pm's in 5 minutes rippin me for taking it ... so dont think i will get a ton of info from there. either way i guess i chalk it up to lesson learned ...

ppl at jemsite are all douches never liked that site
As has been said, its fake.
-Truss rod cover screws are wrong
-Back plate is slotted
-Gold knobs
-Wrong trem (with a massive bar too!) Should be a Lo-Pro, Edge Pro or Edge
-Pickguard is the wrong shape
-Switch should have gold screws
-It has JEM Jr. on the front of the headstock (Korean made JEM333) but J Craft logo on the back (MIJ)
-Locking nut has gold screws, should be black
-AANJ is wrong
^ Was going to say the same thing.

I can especially tell due to the bridge. It's something that really stands out to me.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by MYLILSS
i just took an ibanez jem (replica) in trade. i am almost positive the thing is a fake, but i also didnt give much credit for it. one thing i will say, is even for a fake it plays awesome. anyways i was curious if they are worth any kind of cash value ? this guitar is in very good shape, and definately one of the better "replica" guitars out there. i am still up in the air on keeping it since i am not a huge ibanez fan, but then again thisnt isnt a real ibanez lol. anyways back to my question, given the fact it is a replica guitar, if listed as a replica and not the real thing is it worth anything ?

If it's a replica then of course it's a fake.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 1, 2010,
ill trade you an epi les paul special for it =D. if you seriously want to, PM me. haha.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
id keep it
i think its a well made fake imo
and besides what harm can an extra guitar do?
and u can just tell people that its the real thing as long as they aint guitar techs they wont know the difference unless they look real close\
id probably gig it or use it as a backup or different tuning guitar sorta thing

+ its really sexy
Quote by amrkamel99
id keep it
i think its a well made fake imo
and besides what harm can an extra guitar do?
and u can just tell people that its the real thing as long as they aint guitar techs they wont know the difference unless they look real close\
id probably gig it or use it as a backup or different tuning guitar sorta thing

+ its really sexy

yeah imma keep it. most my guitars are all detuned to some degree, so i think this one i will keep in standard tuning, maybe drop d for something different. plus so far allo my buddies who have saw it thought it looked kool ...

and also, yeah i knew it was a fake when i took it .... and too be honest the bad stories behind it make me like it that much more

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by MYLILSS

Yeah,you're not gonna get a positive reaction in there cause there are many sellers and sometimes even hoshino reps go there.....I was in jemsite,got fed up with them...
Fake JEM's are awful. The people who fall for their ridicoulus pricing are often even worse...

(Not saying the TS is one fo those people!)
Quote by archenemyfan
more imprtantly how much did you pay for it?

all in all i gave about 150 buks for it ... or thats basically how much i gave in trade value ...

Quote by Y00p
Fake JEM's are awful. The people who fall for their ridicoulus pricing are often even worse...

(Not saying the TS is one fo those people!)

as far as being fakes, yes they are awful, but this particular guitar plays freakin great man .. aside from being a bad copy of JEM

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
What 150 bucks?

I hate fake jems but for that price i'd keep that thing....thats even cheaper than the cheapest ibanez!
yup only 150 bucks,i thought it was closer to a couple hundred, but did the math last night and it came out to 150. i also took a few other guitars as well which are real LOL. but the low low price and good playability is why i went ahead and took it. the one thing i dont like about it, is the fact that it doesnt have a truss rod in the neck of the guitar. i am either going to buy a real ibanez neck to substitute it, or see about possibly putting one in this neck if at all possible. right now there is a solid steel bar in it, but i dont like the fact i cant adjust it if need be.

i am also going to put some of the white fender strat style knobs on it, and get rid of that ugly gold ...

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Last edited by MYLILSS at Jun 1, 2010,
what's the big deal? There's no harm done if no one's been bamboozled to believe it's real, or if no patent or copyright laws are being violated. (Copying the logos is kinda iffy) It's a guitar, for goodness sakes, if it pays well, even better. If it were illegal to sell replicas, then why aren't all these street corner vendors selling everything from handbags to sunglasses prosecuted? 'Cause everyone knows they're fakes, no one is paying designer prices, and they are still handbags and sunglasses.
Page 1 of 2