hey guys, my band has been asked to be part of some mini tour at the beginning of this summer. Its a three day tour with some bands from all around our area. First off this is the booking places myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/kalamazoorecordingcompany

They say that there is no requirement for selling tickets and that we get all the tickets sales. All we have to do is pay a $250 charge for all of the lodging and food.

This all sounds way too good to be true to me, so I'm wondering if anyone has heard of or been apart of their "Campfire Sessions." Also I am asking for any suggestions or experience of being a mini-tours and any scams you guys know of, becuase I know they are out there and I don't want us to get scammed out of $250.

I wasn't exactly sure where to ask this, and I thought it would be a good a place as any. Direct me to the right area if this is posted in the wrong spot. Thanks!
This seems wierd, chances are they didn't ask you because they think you are anything special. They probably just know that you have played some shows and doing 3 days of shows would be possible for your band and want to get a little money out of the deal.

Wouldn't it be easier to just set up a 3 day 'tour' yourself?
Quote by punktherock001
This all sounds way too good to be true to me...
Trust your instincts. If it sounds too good to be true, it is probably not true. Proceed with caution.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'm from Michigan and I've never heard of this at all, and I don't see why they would charge you money up front rather then just take it out over time from the ticket sales.

Going through all of the flyers, I do recognize a few band names. But on their page it says they've worked with Chiodos, Attack Attack!, Asking Alexandria and a few others, but I don't see any proof of that at all.

I would message the bands that you're going to be playing with, maybe some bands in the past that they've worked with and see what they have to say.
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
The venues they're advertising don't look very tempting, take the upcoming mini-tour for example;

1. Boulder Woods Pavillion

From what I can figure out from the net, this is a random pavilion in a park.

2. Pep Bowl

A small bowling alley.

3. Jersey Shore American Legion

I have no idea. :P
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
sorry it took so long to reply, thanks for doing the research for this guys haha. yeah I've been talking to a bunch of local bands and its not as much of a scam as it is a waste of time. I'm sure its legit, but it's not as big of a deal as they make it seem. As far as the bands they claim to have promoted, I still have yet to find proof.

Needless to say I doubt its worth it, thanks for your guys time.