I'm new to volume pedals and was recommended Ernie Ball.

There are the 4 main volume pedals that Ernie Ball offers:

500K Stereo/Pan
250K Mono
25K Stereo
Mono 250k

http://www.ernieball.com/products/category-534-Volume-Pedals#

I'm not sure what these mean.. I'm guessing the 250K and 500K represent the pots.

I've been off of my electric for a while and getting back into it... Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks.
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
well i'm sure you can figure out what the stereo ones are for. The 250 is for passive instruments, and the 25 is for active.
If you were interested in using a volume pedal in a series fx loop as an attenuator, the 25k version is the way to go.
Guitars
Amps
Active would be for guitars with active pickups? and the same would go for passive?

Just confirming..

So it looks like I'm going for the Mono but what is the difference between the 250K Mono and the Mono 250K?

Looks like the Mono 250K has an extra 1/4"
Larrivée D-03R
Quote by Matt15f
If you were interested in using a volume pedal in a series fx loop as an attenuator, the 25k version is the way to go.

I'm really new to all of this.. I looked up attenuator, and I'm not understanding
Larrivée D-03R
Quote by mEtAlORc
I'm really new to all of this.. I looked up attenuator, and I'm not understanding

Using a volume pedal as an attenuator seems to be a splawn thing, so dont worry about it if youre not ordering a splawn.
Guitars
Amps
I have the VP Junior and I love it.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
The term attenuator is very generic. It doesn't exclusively mean a power amp brake/load. No matter where you put a volume pedal it's an attentuator.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Right, of course if you want to argue semantics, but the connotation in terms of guitar gear is different.
Yep, probably right. His comment about using a vol pedal as an attentuator being a Splawn thing had me scratching my head.