this is a pretty simple thread what do you think of the dean from hell ? i was thinking about getting one but never played it but i have played MLs before but i mainly want to know what does the neck feel like ?
Donnell McKnignt
I own one and it's pretty kick ass. Great stand up guitar and the soft V neck profile is my favorite. some cons though:
Could have a better neck pickup
The Floyd Rose isn't authentic (I now hate Floyd Rose style trems)
You will NEVER EVER be taken seriously if you play that thing live! Sand it down and give it an original paint job
I guess you would get some bad feedback if you were playing it live unless your in a pantera cover band and its made in china so i guess thats why the floyd rose isnt authentic im pretty sure the USA one has a Original floyd
Donnell McKnignt
I've only played the USA Dean from Hell, and I hated it. The pickups are really weak, my starter Epiphone had better pickups. The neck isn't bad, but it's not the smoothest. The finish on the USA wasn't even that good, on the lower model, it's a screen on. I may sound overly negative, but it's my own opinion on the instrument. I've never been a big fan of Deans.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
it does but dime didn't use a dimebucker live, he used an l-500XL from bill lawrence, and i belive a 59 in the neck, also you shouldn't pay that much for an okay guitar
Eh.
I want to eat the Dean From Hell therefore actually eating a part of Dime's soul and thus becoming better than him. There, I said it.
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Well, judging from my MLX's neck, the neck on the Dean From Hell should be nice and fast(I've actually found my $400 ML's neck to be on par with those of $1600 Gibson SGs and $1100 Fender MIA Strats. Opinion, of course, but...), and the guitar looks great if you ask me, so that's just another bonus. However, I've heard HORRID things about the Dimebucker(never played one, though, the only Dean dealer I've ever been to with lefties never had a lefty with one on it aside from a $1600 Razorback with a FR, which I'm not fond of and I certainly didn't have $1600 at the time, so I never bothered to try one), so I'd try it out to see if I liked it first, because a pickup swap may be needed once you get it(Like Himelnator said, he used a Bill Lawrence XL-500 in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan '59 in the neck). Btw, hate to ask a question in someone else's topic, but what pickup is in the mass-produced DFH's neck?
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I'd try to find a used one from a few years ago. They're arguably better and made in Korea, I'm pretty sure.
Quote by Himelnator
it does but dime didn't use a dimebucker live, he used an l-500XL from bill lawrence, and i belive a 59 in the neck, also you shouldn't pay that much for an okay guitar

according to musiciansfriend, the dean from hell has an L-500XL pickup. so there ya go...

but just go with the dean shadow ML i think it is. pretty much the same, just a slightly cheaper pickup set, and you dont have the lightning bolt design (which imo looks cool, but i wouldnt want it on my guitar)

EDIT:
a little more on topic, go for it if you really like it. but like always, try it to see if u like the feel and sound. if not, try to spend a little less on a guitar thats more unique to u.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Last edited by flanders_91 at Jun 19, 2010,
Quote by flanders_91
according to musiciansfriend, the dean from hell has an L-500XL pickup. so there ya go...

but just go with the dean shadow ML i think it is. pretty much the same, just a slightly cheaper pickup set, and you dont have the lightning bolt design (which imo looks cool, but i wouldnt want it on my guitar)

EDIT:
a little more on topic, go for it if you really like it. but like always, try it to see if u like the feel and sound. if not, try to spend a little less on a guitar thats more unique to u.

the new MIC ones have the L500XL, which I'm pretty sure is a more expensive pickup than the dimebucker by a little bit. The MIK version was $1,000 new, a opposed to the new MIC price of $900.