Hey guys, im in the process of looking for colleges or trade schools to go to and am considering attending M.I which is the the school Paul Gilbert attended. So I was wondering if anybody on here had any reviews or advice about the place?

Thnx guys.
that's a place where you don't really go to become awesome; you go there because you are already awesome and you want to be even more...if you think you are proficient enough with the guitar then try it, but only the best can make it, so make sure you are ready.
hello

n.n
HI

SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY, HOLLYWOOD

The school, accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), offers Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree, and Certificate programs in voice, instrument performance (bass, guitar, drums, keyboards), audio engineering, original music production, music business, guitar-building, and music video/film, taught by a faculty of experienced music professionals.
Thanks for the replys guys though i'm still wondering if anybody on here has attended? would be great to hear from them.
Quote by davidjhon
HI

The school, accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), offers Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree, and Certificate programs in voice, instrument performance (bass, guitar, drums, keyboards), audio engineering, original music production, music business, guitar-building, and music video/film, taught by a faculty of experienced music professionals.

thanks man, i'll definatly give it a look. though it being a proper uni will probably make it harder in the admissions department..... too much guitar over the last few years XD.
Quote by davidjhon
HI

thanks man, i'll definatly give it a look. though it being a proper uni will probably make it harder in the admissions department..... too much guitar over the last few years XD.
Quote by dgunblatt
Thanks for the replys guys though i'm still wondering if anybody on here has attended? would be great to hear from them.

I went to GIT

I don't recommend it. Sorry, I know thats not what you want to hear.

I recommend going to a university for music, and/or the school of experience.
shred is gaudy music
I don't recommend it. Sorry, I know thats not what you want to hear.
why's that?
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
why's that?

Based on my experiences with 3 different schools (community college, university, & GIT), I found GIT to be a poor educational experience. I have plenty of other reasons, but I think that is the most relevant.
shred is gaudy music
Id seriously recomend berklee or belmont (which is a university with an awesome contemporary music program) over MI (you hear alot of negative things about MI). However, school (especially music school) is a combination of solid private instruction, grounding in tradition and creativity. You can get 2/3s of that anywhere (though somewhere with a good classical, jazz and contemporary theory track would be best) and there are a lot of good private instructers. Im sure MI is better then alot of people say, but I would recomend applying to other schools as well, as what you want may well change senior year.
Quote by tehREALcaptain
Im sure MI is better then alot of people say.

well, more accurately .... some people have a different opinion of it.
shred is gaudy music
Unlike Berklee, for example, Musicians Institute is not a regionally accredited college. That means a MI degree is a vanity degree, it's not accredited. And most music college/university's music programs, that are fully accredited, don't bother with National Association of Schools of Music accreditation.
Quote by GaryBM
Unlike Berklee, for example, Musicians Institute is not a regionally accredited college. That means a MI degree is a vanity degree, it's not accredited.

Having gone to GIT, I have to say I completely agree with this.

It does look cool on the brochure though, doesn't it.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
Having gone to GIT, I have to say I completely agree with this.

It does look cool on the brochure though, doesn't it.

It does! Super cool! Paul Gilbert!

I don't even know how I know about it, maybe from the American Guitar Magazines they sell down under.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud