You know, this one: http://store.guitarfetish.com/nehedudulofl.html
If anyone has, how is the quality?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'd guess that it isn't horrible but I wouldn't risk it. You can find a Gotoh for not too much more.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
^yeah, like $140 including nut. That's about double the price. Although Gotoh stuff is quite good...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Honestly, i'd never buy a Licensed FR from GFS. The way it's advertised makes it seem way to good to be true... which mean's it isn't. Plus, brass doesn't have much sustain.

Perhaps you could find a decent used gotoh or schaller FR on ebay or something?
I heard from someone on Harmony Central who has used it that it's quite good... don't think he's had it too long though.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
I heard from someone on Harmony Central who has used it that it's quite good... don't think he's had it too long though.

Yeah, they're probably fine for the first couple months, but after that they probably start to go down hill :/
I'll just go for the Gotoh one.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I guess you're getting it from Beyond Eleven?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I was gonna get it from GPD USA but I dunno if they'll have it in stock in time ( I need it in around a month from now). It's like $25 cheaper.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Really? BE is the cheapest I've seen. $130 without shipping.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
^yeah but add another $35 for a different sized nut. I don't want a 1 5/8" nut.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Ah, I see.

Excuse my ignorance, but why would you need a different size? I guess it depends on the width of your fretboard? And how do you measure it? I just realized how very expensive the BE could be if mine isn't that one size.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 2, 2010,
you should try a Floyd Rose Special if you are looking for a budget Floyd.

While the GFS sounds too good to be true(i think some parts are misleading) their price is within line to a GPD floyd special (approx $75)

the GFS Floyd is a complete licensed floyd and labeled as such, while the GPD Floyd is labeled as a Floyd Special.

To play it safe, stick with Guitar Parts depot to ensure you are getting the higher specs associated with Floyd Special.

there are always the arguments that X brand makes good licensed Floyds, but we will never know without first hand reports/reviews

Licensed floyd (labeled info)
GFS says it has a steel plate (GPD does not label plate material in Licensed Floyd)
GFS makes no mention of saddle materials (GPD's licensed has Steel Saddles which is interesting to me...)
GFS includes a Brass sustain block(this could be better then the Floyd Special's block as long as GFS's block is bigger/same size)
GFS advertises a hardened Steel plate/knife edges(which i believe could be a lie, probably normal steel or at worst Zinc which licensed FRs are known to be made from)

GPD's Floyd Rose Special
Labeled with Steel plate(Selling point over Zinc plates from Licensed systems)
- marked as Bridge Harden 50-55 Rockwell (quick google search says this is same as Original floyd rose, sounds great!)
Zinc Saddles & Sustain Block
Last edited by iampeter at Jun 2, 2010,
Yeah, the FR Special is probably my best investment at the moment.
How's this sound to you guys?
EMG 81/60
Alder body
FR Special
Black finish
Maple/RW neck
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by BladeSlinger
Ah, I see.

Excuse my ignorance, but why would you need a different size? I guess it depends on the width of your fretboard? And how do you measure it? I just realized how very expensive the BE could be if mine isn't that one size.

width of the fretboard.
You just measure with a ruler.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Mine is more or less 2" wide but I'm seeing how that matches up with any of the sizes.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
at the nut lol.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
The measuring tape is weird, you can't tell where it begins exactly but I'm pretty sure a 1 5/8 would fit. Thanks for clearing that up haha
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls