Mornin' UG,

Earlier this morning, I was planning on playing guitar, I had all my pedals, and what not pre-set up as always. Switched my amp onto standby, left it for 10 minutes or so while I made something to eat, plugged my guitar in, switched the pedals on and started playing... Or so I would wish.

With the ISP plugged in, on the lead channel it sounds as if my amp was on 0, and you could only hear a small muffled sound, turn the effects loop off, and the amp comes back to normal, only without the Decimator "Decimating my noise". I've had a look at all the connection jacks on the outside, from what I can see it looks fairly normal, I've yet to open it up, although it has only been sitting on my pedal board out of harms way?

Any ideas to how to fix this? Might it be a faulty lead or should I open up the pedal and look inside?

Has this happened to anyone else before?

tl;dr

My ISP Decimator has stopped working, need help.

Thanks in advance.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Last edited by Mopy at May 31, 2010,
Batteries? Power supply? Is your amp's effects loop plugged in properly? (effects send -> ISP input, ISP output -> effects return)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'd double check to be sure it's not a faulty cable before anything else
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
do you have another pedal to try out in the effects loop?

and.. describe the sound when you just go guitar-> decimator -> amp (with the pedal in front of the amp)
on either channel, with nothing in the effects loop. both when the ISP's turned on and when it's off

..i think I know what symtoms you're describing, but narrowing it down to that specific pedal under certain condition's gonna be the way to find out what exactly's going on
Last edited by james4 at May 31, 2010,
Quote by james4
do you have another pedal to try out in the effects loop?

and.. describe the sound when you just go guitar-> decimator -> amp (with the pedal in front of the amp)
on either channel, with nothing in the effects loop. both when the ISP's turned on and when it's off

..i think I know what symtoms you're describing, but narrowing it down to that specific pedal under certain condition's gonna be the way to find out what exactly's going on

I'm using this as my current setup.

Guitar > Maxon OD808 (Not in loop) > Decimator In the loop, and after the OD > Amp
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Raijouta
Batteries? Power supply? Is your amp's effects loop plugged in properly? (effects send -> ISP input, ISP output -> effects return)

Sorry for the double post but, I'm using a power supply, and I'm 100% sure I've got my pedals set up correctly.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3