Is there a guitar out there that to you is the perfect guitar?How did it become your perfect or favorite guitar?was the process short and simple or did it take you months to years to decide?
Donnell McKnignt
My Schecter C-1 Plus. Has two coil-split humbuckers (Seymour Duncan SH-6/SH-1), amazing finish, best neck profile I've ever used, stays in tune, TOM String-thru, 24 frets, attractive but not gawdy inlays, and light weight, but amazingly heavy tone when it needs it.

Only thing I want is a 25.5" scale where this one has 24.75" and Ebony instead of Rosewood on the fretboard.

I decided it was perfect for me when I picked it up when about to buy a PRS SE Singlecut. Only been liking it more and more ever since.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Yes, but I am yet to find it

If my LTD I have now had a single coil in the middle, I don't think I could ask for much else in a guitar.

ESP don't make a single HSH guitar surprisingly. If anyone knows something similar but not Ibanez, I'd like to know
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator

High quality, all mohagony, set neck, no-frills, natural finish, awesome electronics

and i want it. now.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I love my LTD H-1000 Deluxe to death. It is all the guitar I could ever ask for. I only have one very, very tiny problem with it and that is that the knobs seem to turn themselves down sometimes, but It doesn't bother me much.

I found it by going into a local store and staring at it for a month every time I went in and I eventually just bought it and would do it again.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
Quote by guitarsftw

High quality, all mohagony, set neck, no-frills, natural finish, awesome electronics

and i want it. now.

What is that?
My S5470<3 Very comfortable body, amazing neck, HSH pickup configuration, what's not to love? Only thing I might change are the pickups
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
I went into GC today and played a EBMM JP6. That guitar is what dreams are made of. I've never played a more comfortable guitar, the actions was so low and smooth, not a hint of fret buzz, I couldn't believe it.

Then I played the SBMM JP50... it didn't even feel like a guitar. That's not to say it's bad, definitely high quality and better than most in it's price range... but that JP6 really made an impression on me.
Last edited by Ignite at Jun 1, 2010,
Les Paul shape.
Excellent high-fret access.
Light.
Coil-tapping humbuckers.

PRS comes quite close. The best match I've found so far is the Tokai Love Rock II Double-cut.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by So-Cal
What is that?

A Suhr Guthrie Govan set neck model
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Ignite
I went into GC today and played a EBMM JP6. That guitar is what dreams are made of. I've never played a more comfortable guitar, the actions was so low and smooth, not a hint of fret buzz, I couldn't believe it.

Then I played the SBMM JP50... it didn't even feel like a guitar. That's got to say it's bad, definitely high quality and better than most in it's price range... but that JP6 really made an impression on me.

Ah!so which one did you buy?

on topic,there is no perfect guitar for me.....only if ibanez had custom shop
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 1, 2010,
Quote by archenemyfan
Ah!so which one did you buy?

Still not sure

They didn't have any Ibanez S guitars, so I still haven't gotten to actually play one... but I played a PRS SE Custom 24 and it felt amazing, it just falls a bit out of tune with huge dive bombs... though I'm thinking about getting it and getting locking tuners and changing the pickups, it felt really good and had amazing fret access.

But what I'm most likely going to do is end up getting the S420.
Quote by Ignite
Still not sure

They didn't have any Ibanez S guitars, so I still haven't gotten to actually play one... but I played a PRS SE Custom 24 and it felt amazing, it just falls a bit out of tune with huge dive bombs... though I'm thinking about getting it and getting locking tuners and changing the pickups, it felt really good and had amazing fret access.

But what I'm most likely going to do is end up getting the S420.

yeah the 470 is great...

have you played any S's?
Quote by archenemyfan
yeah the 470 is great...

have you played any S's?

No, not yet, but I hear they're extremely comfortable. There is just nowhere around me that carries them. Just drove 80 miles to Memphis, TN (for other reasons) and stopped by the Guitar Center (which is the closest one to me) and they had an S520EX but with no tremolo arm, so I said screw it, plus it was really up high, and I caught a glimps of it right before I was about to leave.

edit:
I realized I said in my first post that the GC didn't have any S's, I pretty much forgot about the S520EX because it was a last minute glimps and I didn't feel the need to play it because it had no tremolo arm.
Last edited by Ignite at Jun 1, 2010,
Quote by Ignite
No, not yet, but I hear they're extremely comfortable. There is just nowhere around me that carries them. Just drove 80 miles to Memphis, TN (for other reasons) and stopped by the Guitar Center (which is the closest one to me) and they had an S520EX but with no tremolo arm, so I said screw it, plus it was really up high, and I caught a glimps of it right before I was about to leave.

edit:
I realized I said in my first post that the GC didn't have any S's, I pretty much forgot about the S520EX because it was a last minute glimps and I didn't feel the need to play it because it had no tremolo arm.

yeah they are for sure...but that that weathered black paint will ruin it because AFAIK it has small grains(cracks?)like things in the pictures,which doesnt look so comfy to me...cant you buy the white one?
Quote by archenemyfan
yeah they are for sure...but that that weathered black paint will ruin it because AFAIK it has small grains(cracks?)like things in the pictures,which doesnt look so comfy to me...cant you buy the white one?

I was going to buy the white one at first.... But I realized I didn't really want the extra middle pickup, I could save $100 and buy some better pickups, maybe some new push/pull pots and just coil split. But I don't know how that'd work with a 5-way switch.

But I still don't know what I'm doing, it's just an idea.
My 100% handbuilt dragonburst custom LP. I LOVED the look and sound of LPs, but hated most of the other things about 'em (the scale, lack of 24 frets, super thick bodies, insane weight, etc). So, I had a custom luthier I often work with build me my "ultimate" les paul. 25.5 scale, 24 frets, neck-thru body, ebony fretboard, thin african mahogany body, honduras mahogany neck, and a top grade quilted maple top. Bareknuckle pickups, sperzel locking tuners, and a tonepros string thru bridge finished it up. No guitar I have ever played in my entire life, including many super pricey custom shop models and other luthier's creations have ever come close to this guitar for me.

And here's a quick overview vid (better than pics methinks):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fguzl0bSFxA
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Quote by Ignite
I was going to buy the white one at first.... But I realized I didn't really want the extra middle pickup, I could save $100 and buy some better pickups, maybe some new push/pull pots and just coil split. But I don't know how that'd work with a 5-way switch.

But I still don't know what I'm doing, it's just an idea.

man let me tell ya something,dont except to buy a good set of pups for 100 $..and all those gadgetry. you will at least have to spend 300 for push pull coil taps and good new pups,which IMO is not cost effective..
I find my MM Axis Sport to be rather perfect. I've played shitloads of guitars after I bought the Axis, but since then never managed to find anything that plays better. Also; there's just sooo many sounds you can get out of it, it's amazing.
Play the music, not the instrument.
Quote by CustomAxe
My 100% handbuilt dragonburst custom LP. I LOVED the look and sound of LPs, but hated most of the other things about 'em (the scale, lack of 24 frets, super thick bodies, insane weight, etc). So, I had a custom luthier I often work with build me my "ultimate" les paul. 25.5 scale, 24 frets, neck-thru body, ebony fretboard, thin african mahogany body, honduras mahogany neck, and a top grade quilted maple top. Bareknuckle pickups, sperzel locking tuners, and a tonepros string thru bridge finished it up. No guitar I have ever played in my entire life, including many super pricey custom shop models and other luthier's creations have ever come close to this guitar for me.

And here's a quick overview vid (better than pics methinks):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fguzl0bSFxA

what the hell is that colour?

looks sweet though..
I think it's impossible. GAS takes hold and does crazy things. I think you can come close but it's never going to stop you looking elsewhere. Guitar-infidelity is rife.

I think objectively perfect for me would probably be a vintage strat. I'm pretty sure I would play other guitars though.

In terms of deciding what is 'perfect' it will come down to developing an ear for tone / going through guitars until one feels right. After all every guitar is different.
Quote by archenemyfan
what the hell is that colour?

looks sweet though..

That color is my own version of "dragonburst". Carvin has a finish sorta similar to it, but it's not as rich. Basically a blend of blue, dark green, and a lighter green.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
I've had her for 3 years now:

1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Quote by archenemyfan
man let me tell ya something,dont except to buy a good set of pups for 100 $..and all those gadgetry. you will at least have to spend 300 for push pull coil taps and good new pups,which IMO is not cost effective..

Maybe... but I can get a set of Dimarzio D-Activators for about $125, and push pull pots are only about $10 a piece.

I'm about to just say screw everything (pickups and whatnot) and get that S570DXQM in blue burst.
Mahogany body, flamed maple top, 24 frets, EMG 81/60 (so some kind of ESP???) for metal

ibanez js-2400 for everything else
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by Ignite
Maybe... but I can get a set of Dimarzio D-Activators for about $125, and push pull pots are only about $10 a piece.

I'm about to just say screw everything (pickups and whatnot) and get that S570DXQM in blue burst.
You have my vote for the S570DXQM, I have one in the Black/grey quilted finish, it's an incredible guitar.
My Gear-
2010 Ibanez S570DXQM 24-fretter
MIM Fender Standard Strat HSS Sierra Sunburst

Line 6 Spider IV 15w
Quote by Ignite

go for it man..you wont regret it...ALthough I would go for the trans gray burst...Its preference..

And Honestly,if you try to the pups by yourself you will most probably mess up unless you are a Pro

I would do the same thing if I were you..
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 1, 2010,
A perfect guitar is when the neck is perfect, the frets are perfect, the pickups and and all the other electronics are perfect..
But that will be according to your taste and music.. If there is a perfect guitar, then professional guitarists will only use one guitar. But no, they use 5 or more top of the line guitars for every style they play.
Like the guy above me said, the perfect guitar is dependent upon the person who plays it.

This has been my main of 10 years - 1996 Fender Jag-Stang, that guitar has always ended up being the "Pearly Gates" in every band I've played in since I've got it, and despite owning 20-something axes I still keep going back to this one. It just has the perfect everything for me, the short scale gives this guitar a heavy natural sound paired up with the basswood body, the action has been super-low since day one without issue, the vibrato always stays in tune, and even when something important is busted it continues to limp it's way through the rest of the song/gig so I can fix it.

Almost 10 Years Ago

Just this passed Friday
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)