Does anybody like this show?

For those of you who don't know, Pawn Stars is a show on the History channel about a Pawn Shop in Las Vegas ran by this guy named Rick, his son (Corey) and his dad (nicknamed the old man). They mostly show people bring in historical items, and they talk about whether or not it's real, how they can tell, they tell the history behind it, and how much it's worth. A lot of times people bring in shit like weapons from American War, something signed by a historical figure like George Washington, etc. A lot of the time, it's found out to be fake, but sometimes some really amazing stuff is found out to be real. One guy brought in a lottery ticket signed by George Washington that was actually real.

They'll also get things like vintage cars, old Coca-Cola vending machines, and even aircraft like a plane or helicopter. They'll be really old and out of shape but they'll get people to restore them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv6_7Tk9shg&feature=channel

I was in Las Vegas recently and I went to their shop. I didn't see anyone on the show, but it's a cool shop. My sister went the day before me with her boyfriend and they met the old man and got a picture with him.

Overall it's a really cool show, so discuss.
Last edited by The Madcap at Jun 1, 2010,
I've seen a couple episodes, its alright when nothing else is on.

On a semi-related note: I went to Vegas when I was 9. What a great idea for a family vacation mom. </sarcasm>
Quote by JacobTheMe
I've seen a couple episodes, its alright when nothing else is on.

On a semi-related note: I went to Vegas when I was 9. What a great idea for a family vacation mom. </sarcasm>
I went with family last week and that kind of makes Vegas suck dick.
i love that show but sometimes those guys rip off the people trying to sell stuff so badly
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by The Madcap
I went with family last week and that kind of makes Vegas suck dick.

Im sure that I would appreciate it more now. Its just that a nine year old boy doesn't really have much concerns other than Nintendo.

Actually, I would probably still hate it. I am much too young to enjoy myself and get wasted while playing blackjack with a bunch of hookers. That and my friends aren't really the Vegas type.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Im sure that I would appreciate it more now. Its just that a nine year old boy doesn't really have much concerns other than Nintendo.

Actually, I would probably still hate it. I am much too young to enjoy myself and get wasted while playing blackjack with a bunch of hookers. That and my friends aren't really the Vegas type.
The whole time I was there, I was just thinking "man, if I was here with my friends, I could be going to titty bars, buying hookers and stealing Mike Tyson's tiger."
Quote by bellamy_morello
i love that show but sometimes those guys rip off the people trying to sell stuff so badly

You realise they need to make a profit? That, and finding a buyer for some the stuff wouldn't exactly be easy.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
That show is awesome. I would have fired Chumlee within the first week of employment, I mean, who the hell buys a hot air balloon?
On a side note, the main guy seems to have a passion for nice guitars.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I am surprised at how good this show is. Like an antique roadshow for good stuff. I really like to see people get disappointed too. This one guy wanted $25,000 for his "1969" Gibson Les Paul Custom, and it turned out to be a 1974 worth ~4000$ instead.
Love the show. Its one of the only shows that I can watch when I'm feeling down and get cheered up and not feel stupid at the same time. Some if it is pretty funny. I don't know how Chumlee is related to the family or whatever and why they don't just fire him seeing as how he contributes nothing and always seems to be ****ing shit up.
Quote by The Madcap
The whole time I was there, I was just thinking "man, if I was here with my friends, I could be going to titty bars, buying hookers and stealing Mike Tyson's tiger."

And speaking of hangovers, my parents actually had a drunken Vegas wedding after knowing each other for only a couple months. Been married for 17 years now, but still.

Im a guilt baby.

Quote by Soul Power
first week of employment, I mean, who the hell buys a hot air balloon?

Really? I need to watch this show more often.

Has anyone made any sort of American Chopper comparisons to this show?
Last edited by JacobTheMe at Jun 1, 2010,
Chumlee is just there because reality shoes need a Mikey(from OCC) type retard character for ratings. Obviously a real business would fire his ass.
Quote by JacobTheMe

Really? I need to watch this show more often.

Has anyone made any sort of American Chopper comparisons to this show?

To be fair, he convinced Corey to go through with it.

I just read on Wiki that despite Chum's lack of intelligence, he is a fucking master at fixing pinball machines
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
lol at the Mikey v Chumlee comparison. So true. But I have a feeling if I had a dumbass goof of a brother or son, and owned a business I would probably keep him on..unless he did something really ****ing dumb
Quote by Metalology
You'll probably get some praise from people in as sad of a situation as you or maybe some laughs from people who enjoy your lame sense of humor.

lolwut

a blog that should be floating in the toilet. toiletfloater.blogspot.com
I watch it sometimes, wasn't there a marathon on today or something? Chum went to go pick something up for the old man from the house and was gone for 4 hours or something
the old man looks and sounds exactly like the old man in the movie Big Fish.

Corey is kind of a douche imo. Everyone else is cool.
I've only watched the first series as i'm in the UK, but it's a great show. I don't know how he sells some of the stuff he buys though i can't see much demand for a cannon.
Quote by The Madcap

Pretty much my plan when I go with my friends some day.

On a more related note, I like Pawn Stars. It's a really interesting show. Some of the things people bring in to pawn/sell are pretty remarkable. Especially when most of the people tell how they found it in a garage or attic, or how a family member simply gave it to them.