Page 1 of 2
Has anyone ever come across any "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of..." albums and strongly disagreed with the choice of songs?

Listening back to a few Cure albums, it seems they missed out so many for the greatest hits, which I feel almost gives them a wrong first impression.
I prefer it when (on the odd occasion) a band will get listeners involved and hold a poll for them to decide which songs ultimately feature on the album.

Anyway Pit, I want your inaccurate albums!
The Best of Rainbow album I had only had 2 Dio songs on it. Wtf?

And the most accurate was The Knack's Greatest Hits that I found in the $2 bin at Big Star Records. All the tracks were just different versions of My Sharona.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by SeEsAw12
Any "The best of.. 'Rush'"

All of their songs suck

I love how everyone is calling out Fassa.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I feel that way with any greatest hits album. Any band I like that has a deep enough catalog to warrant a greatest hits song usually has so many good songs that narrowing it down never does them justice. Plus, bands always seem to just pick their singles, which as often as not are the worst songs
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by SeEsAw12

All of their songs suck

Shut up... That's not even funny. And by looking at your favorite guitarists, it seems like you would have a good taste in prog/heavy rock. I bet if you listened to anything from 2112 afterward through maybe "Moving Pictures" you'd be eating your own words.
Quote by gljbass
Shut up... That's not even funny. And by looking at your favorite guitarists, it seems like you would have a good taste in prog/heavy rock. I bet if you listened to anything from 2112 afterward through maybe "Moving Pictures" you'd be eating your own words.

Generaly a Greatest Hits seems to be the bands hit singles and most radio friendly songs. Best Ofs in my experience seem to be more of a collection of the bands/labels favourite songs.. thats just how i see it anyway.

As said above though, just make your own "Best of"
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by shut_up_n00b
I love how everyone is calling out Fassa.

Why is everything Rush-related about Fassa now? Hey, here's a thought, maybe Seesaw12 just doesn't like Rush.

rip Fassa

In the liner notes for Europe's greatest hits it describes The Final Countdown as their 'greatest hit to date.' Like they're going to have another.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Most of the band's diaries and autobiographies i've read have something in there about hating their greatest hits albums. Often it is just a way to fulfil a contract before moving onto a better label, because a 'best of' album counts as an original.
...In my opinion.
I once saw a Meatloaf Greatest Hits compilation that didn't have Bat Out Of Hell, or I Would Do Anything For Love on it.

He has other songs?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I dont think you can disagree if its titled Greatest Hits, because its widely accepted to mean chart hits, hence it is their highest rated songs in the charts. Best of is debatable though.
NFG's hits album missed out so many songs so did international superhits imo.The best cure compilation is Staring at the sea (its pretty much the earlier stuff)
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Radiohead's greatest hits album seemed off.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
I could have changed up Megadeth's a bit.
Clapton is god, accept it.
Quote by JaykeSucks
The Best of Rainbow album I had only had 2 Dio songs on it. Wtf?

And the most accurate was The Knack's Greatest Hits that I found in the $2 bin at Big Star Records. All the tracks were just different versions of My Sharona.

wat
Rainbows greatest hits had a whole CD of Dio, and another that had every other singer lumped together. What shitty version did you get?
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Greatest Hits albums aren't the greatest hits, it's just the songs that were released as singles.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by Adam Scott

Listening back to a few Cure albums, it seems they missed out so many for the greatest hits, which I feel almost gives them a wrong first impression.

What do you think is missed out? I only really listen to their 'Gothic trilogy', as it were, much more than their later stuff, so yeah, I wish their compilations would show those albums more.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Rearviewmirror is a great starting place for Pearl Jam IMO.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I thought Queen's Platinum Collection was right on the money.
Agreed for the most part... I think Scandal should have been included though, I've always loved that song.
Queens Greatest Hits 3

They had enough songs for 2 greatest hits collections, but the 3rd is just...fail

My face when listening to it >=/
The first track on The Offspring's Greatest Hits album hadn't even been previously released. A pretty decent tune but not exactly a greatest hit (expecially considering Million Miles Away was left out).
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by boycew02 at Jun 1, 2010,
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Why is everything Rush-related about Fassa now? Hey, here's a thought, maybe Seesaw12 just doesn't like Rush.

rip Fassa

In the liner notes for Europe's greatest hits it describes The Final Countdown as their 'greatest hit to date.' Like they're going to have another.

I think it's entirely possible he doesn't like Rush, since I don't either and know quite a few people who don't like Rush, despite the fact that they know nothing about Fassa.

Queen had a greatest hits that didn't have Bohemian Rhapsody, that was pretty shit. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
I know there's a bunch, but I'm not too into Greatest Hits cds as I like to listen to albums from start to finish.

Cypress Hill has a best of cd called "Hits From the Bong" but it doesn't contain said song, and I know a lot of fans got frustrated over it. I mean, if you're going to use the song name as a pun in the title, you might as well include it, especially if it's a fan favourite already.
Wouldn't inaccurate imply there's an objective answer?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by SeEsAw12

All of their songs suck

This was clearly intended for Fassa but I shall also whole heartedly disagree as they rock

Anyway I never listen to greatest hits albums really so don't know what they're like

all the people referencing fassa constantly are honestly more annoying than fassa herself
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by ihavenoname93
all the people referencing fassa constantly are honestly more annoying than fassa herself

agreed
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by blankoff
agreed

+1
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
The best of Kansas doesn't solely include Carry On My Wayward Son and then end.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Kyuss' greatest hits album was actually a mixture of live stuff and songs from their EPs and split singles, not a greatest hits at all
Quote by smb
Kyuss' greatest hits album was actually a mixture of live stuff and songs from their EPs and split singles, not a greatest hits at all

Kyuss had a Greatest Hits album

Never knew that
Quote by boycew02
The first track on The Offspring's Greatest Hits album hadn't even been previously released. A pretty decent tune but not exactly a greatest hit (expecially considering Million Miles Away was left out).

"can't repeat"? my friend is pretty sure that was released in one of their earlier albums.
Hohner PJ-Bass
Fender P-Bass
Boss Bass Limiter Enhancer
Boss DS1
Beringher BXL3000

With me and my friends, if you can't name the artist or song name in the first 10 seconds, you're a waste of a human being.

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Page 1 of 2