My gear: Gibson Studio, Crate 18 tube amp and a ME-50 multi-effects pedal.

I've been playing around with this and I've gotten some fairly good tones, but not what I'm looking for. I'm mostly playing rock such as AC/DC and Guns n' Roses, I know they're to different bands and that you can't get their exact tone, but can you help me get somewhere near?
This helps, but do you know something about Guns n' roses settings?

Edit: I'm talking about distortion setting, I know DS1 is the way to go, but still.

Thanks.
Last edited by Busterkid at Jun 1, 2010,
just get rid of the ME-50. your Crate can pull off ACDC and GnR just fine by itself.

edit: by "get rid of" I mean don't use it for these sounds.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Last edited by spiff389 at Jun 1, 2010,
what kind of guitar are you using?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I assumed LP based on the "Gibson Studio" part of the OP
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
agreed, you shouldnt need a multi effects pedal to wreck the pure tube sound with a modelled distortion tone...
buy an overdrive or tube screamer pedal, you'll get much better tones.
even a dedicated single effects pedal as i've said hundreds of times, a multi effects does many cool things poorly. a single effects pedal does one thing very well.

also, buy an equalizer pedal if you need to.
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
A Ds-1 is not the way to go, don't use the distortion settings on the ME-50. You want your tone as transparent as possible.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
The dirty tones in the ME are horrible IMO. Use it for a little bit of compression and some reverb/delay/mod. It can't do much else.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Just don't use the pedal's distortion. Have you even tried that? Also, the DS-1 is possibly the worst pedal ever created in the history of pedals.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
An eq is a must with that amp. On its own its terrible muddy. With an eq and an overdrive it sounds just fine for those tones.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by spiff389
I assumed LP based on the "Gibson Studio" part of the OP

that would be a good indicator huh?

to self.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.