I could get my hands on a krank krankenstein + for £500
seems like new they go for £1200-1500 ish
is it worth it? what are you opinions on this amp

i play in a post-hardcore/metalcore band
www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska if that give you any more help
want to play things like parkway drive, killswitch engage, asking alexandria
but i also play some jazz, flamenco and blues
I've never tried one but i've seen a lot of reviews for it, high-gain its pretty awesome, clean wise not so much. Personally i'd stick to a more versatile high-gain amp like the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, but thats out of your budget. Otherwise you might want to check out Randall Warhead which is what Dime used for his signature tones on Vulgar display of power.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
hmmm from the few youtube clips i watched (not that they can be trusted much)
it seemed to do clean alright but the high gain was EQ'ed pretty badly
never been keen on the dual rec too boomy for my liking
i'll have a look at the randall but i wasnt too keen on dimes tone at all
yeah cleans are adequate, i just think they could be a lot better. Hmm if you're not interested in dime's tone just out of curiousity why did you mention his signature amp?

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
personally i love the voicing of krank amps, a few people don't, but it all boils down to personal opinion. you got a crazy good deal tho 500 quid for the krankenstien + im very jealous.
OP just a question, where is this offer?
It sounds too good to be true imo, in any case if it was i'd totally go for it

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
sorry im late replying but it was in a UK classifieds think the person selling it just wanted rid of the amp
i think i'll go for it because even if im not keen i can atleast sell it for same or more
to the person asking why i mentioned his signature amp?
quite a few other guitarists use krank gear i think As i lay dying do or atleast used to
just be careful it's not that cheap for a reason (i.e. scam or broken amp). if not, even if you don't like it, that seems like a decent price (obviously check ebay completed listings etc. in case that's actually the going rate).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the Revs, but the Stein is a different voicing that is fairly unique. Still sounds great if you know what you're doing though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I like the Revs, but the Stein is a different voicing that is fairly unique. Still sounds great if you know what you're doing though.

Then I have to ask... if you liked the Revs... why did you flip you Rev?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.