Hey all

Just wondering what is a good amp for some metal, rock, instumental tones looking at getting a $2500 -$3000 head (Australian money)

Ones i have looked at have been a Marshall Rhandy Rhoads Signature, Marshall JVM205H, Orange Rockerverb 50
some mesa boogie suggestions would be good too
Suggestions of any amps are good
Cheers
framus dragon or cobra (matter of taste)
mesa mark V
peavey 5150/6505
engl fireball/powerball
stuff like that
What?
Quote by jesus3000
framus dragon or cobra (matter of taste)
mesa mark V
peavey 5150/6505
engl fireball/powerball
stuff like that

LOL he said $3000 AUD not $30,000
cheers mate
yeh i dont know what to gett mesas sound mad as but a 6505+ are sick
Quote by AxSilentxLine
LOL he said $3000 AUD not $30,000

haha yeh i guess ill have to save a bit longer then XD
I dont know anything about 'em but...

Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 Long Head $2795
There's also a few Mesa/Boogie heads on ebay around the same price
Not my sale (read my previous posts if you don't believe me) but...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mesa-Boogie-Triple-Rectifier-/140412122244?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Amplifiers&hash=item20b136f484

or

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2nd-Hand-Mesa-Boogie-Dual-Rectifier-Guitar-Amplifier-/230481047139?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Amplifiers&hash=item35a9bdae63

The Mesa's seem to fit your (brief) descripton of playing style, and it is Australia so a new Mesa is way out of the range as you probably know. But if you want to go new I understand, maybe a 6505 for around 2.5k but that is pretty high gain. I can't see much else in that price range besides the Marshalls...
Quote by Slash25
haha yeh i guess ill have to save a bit longer then XD

you do realize that i meant to pick one of those and not all of them?
What?
umm, JSX anyone?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
If you decide on a mesa, stay away from the express'. I wouldn't spend anywhere near 1200 on an express not to mention 2800. Mesas that will do what you want nicely though are the DC's the F series' and a tremoverb if you can find one.
Quote by jesus3000
you do realize that i meant to pick one of those and not all of them?

yeh i know but i meant mesa's are like 4-5K
I find it rather amusing that we have Americans coming in to say what things are worth - HE'S IN AUSTRALIA!!! Did you look up the prices over here before opening your mouth? I think not. The world does not consist of America alone you know?
Goodluck trying to find a Mesa, maybe on ebay if you're very lucky but those things are WAY overpriced here.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I find it rather amusing that we have Americans coming in to say what things are worth - HE'S IN AUSTRALIA!!! Did you look up the prices over here before opening your mouth? I think not. The world does not consist of America alone you know?
Goodluck trying to find a Mesa, maybe on ebay if you're very lucky but those things are WAY overpriced here.

Yeh i know man but Musos coner is selling Single Reflecters for $2875
http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&bit=products&product_id=169241&cart_id=F76FF63C-9848-BE78-CC44F40E9D6272E0
That's not a bad price really, certainlt better than the $3.5K they usually want. There are a few on ebay and some are up there with the same sort of $.
Mesa Boogie on eBay Au
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I wasn't necessarily saying that for that price express' weren't worth it. I was just saying that express' in general are not very good amps, certainly not when compared with other mesas. Surely there are other amps besides Mesa's down under that'll meet ts requirements without having to sell kidneys.
Mesas are usually just outrageously priced here, like $5.5k for a dual rec roadster. Well, the TS is excited over a single rec costing under $3k!!!

Junkies are the best source of cheap amps in Australia. Oh praise the drug laws for supplying cheap equipment to poor musicians!

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by Cathbard
That's not a bad price really, certainlt better than the $3.5K they usually want. There are a few on ebay and some are up there with the same sort of $.
Mesa Boogie on eBay Au

Cheers for your help mate
What cab do you think would sound good apart from a mesa one coz its another 2k and fuk that lol
would a hiwatt or marshall cab sound ok
Quote by Cathbard
Mesas are usually just outrageously priced here, like $5.5k for a dual rec roadster. Well, the TS is excited over a single rec costing under $3k!!!

Junkies are the best source of cheap amps in Australia. Oh praise the drug laws for supplying cheap equipment to poor musicians!

lol yeh man haha

also Music Swop Shop
http://www.musicswopshop.com.au/
http://www.musicswopshop.com.au//images/stockImages/DSCN1518-MSS%2013608.JPG this baby only 2k
honestly,,, single recs in the states average about 900 used. in aud thats around 1100 -1200 on a bad day,, can finding a seller in the states who'll ship to aus really charge 1800 aud to ship it?
Quote by rokket2005
honestly,,, single recs in the states average about 900 used. in aud thats around 1100 -1200 on a bad day,, can finding a seller in the states who'll ship to aus really charge 1800 aud to ship it?

Customs, tax, swapping the power supply and running the risk of dodgy sellers it's not worth it tbh
Quote by bogg808
how many watts is the head going to be? do you want a 2x12 or 4x12?

around 50 to 100 watts
cheers
Quote by rokket2005

HMMM im not so sure but yeh every in aus is pretty expensive its like double price for a lot of things or there about

but i dont know how reliable the amp is if buying used overseas unless i could play it but thanks for the thourghts
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Customs, tax, swapping the power supply and running the risk of dodgy sellers it's not worth it tbh

yeh true dat boy
Slash do you have a cab already?

I recommend Bugera stuff, you can get some really top end stuff for around 2.5k in Australia. Where abouts are you? Here in Perth I've seen 6262s for around 1500. 6505s are (Depending on where you look)between 1700-2k.
Quote by Dan_5893
Here in Perth I've seen 6262s for around 1500. .

what!? i hope your talking about a head & cab? I've seen the 6262 head AND cab go on sale for $1400, head alone can be had for $800 and yes, i am also in perth.
Quote by Slash25
yeh i know but i meant mesa's are like 4-5K

i'm sorry, but buying a new amp is just stupid.
a used mesa is absolutly in his price range
What?