Its absolutely disgusting, and i feel sorry for the poor 750,000 palestinian children trapped under siege in that country.
The fact that they did that in international waters makes it almost beyond belief, this is state terrorism. no other way of describing it.
I'm not into Hamas. I criticize them.

However, I focus on criticizing Israel, because rarely do governments do that. I think we need to implement international and humanitarian law. The UN said Israel broke international maritime and humanitarian law, so...they need to be trialled. The same goes with Hamas, but Israel's been breaking international laws and not following security council resolutions since its existence.
well since its not going too bad yet i think ill express my opinion.

see i'v known a couple of people who have always hated isreal and there policies but i never really got why until today. There reaction was so unnecessary and extreme that it ruined my whole day. These people were bringing aid to innocent civilians and isreal decided to raid their boat just cause they wouldn't change there course.

you know you've messed up bad when your allies are condemning what you've done.
Quote by shmikeyboy
Other thread got closed.
Well, that's why we're keeping things mature this time

Whatever the arguments are on both sides (I for one think it's waaaay too early to condemn anyone, let alone take it to the streets and protest, although I understand the outrage) the thing is you just can't justify a raid on international waters. What Israel did was travel outside of their territory and arrest these people, and it's no surprise that they're kinda hesitant to immediately dismiss all criticism, like they usually do (I also think they don't want to strain their relationship with Turkey even more)

Then again, I don't think any Israeli diplomats would've apologized for the (and I'm sure I'm quoting some Israeli minister here) "excessive violence" if there hadn't been any video footage. Perhaps when people (no matter if they're pro- or anti- Israel) see images such as these they'll develop a more nuanced opinion over this issue...

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Jun 1, 2010,
Don't look at me. I think it was an act of piracy, pure and simple.
Quote by gallagher2006
Generally, Israel is a bit of a dick, isn't it?

Not usually. Most of the time the media covers it only one-sidedly. Not this time though.
Last edited by jimmyled at Jun 1, 2010,
Quote by Eviko
Its absolutely disgusting, and i feel sorry for the poor 750,000 palestinian children trapped under siege in that country.
The fact that they did that in international waters makes it almost beyond belief, this is state terrorism. no other way of describing it.

Really? I thought Muslims were terrorists and Israel is a righteous nation of Jewish people that have lived there for milleniums that have been fair and just of their global possition.

/sarcasm
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by MonsterOfRock
Really? I thought Muslims were terrorists and Israel is a righteous nation of Jewish people that have lived there for milleniums that have been fair and just of their global possition.

/sarcasm

Irrelevant, and I don't get it.
Israel cannot be justified for murder, after dropping special forces onto the boat. How can the opinion be any different?
The difficulty now is how the international reaction is going to be. It's difficult to show the necessary sensitivity against a nation that commits such atrocities.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Before we start going crazy and sparking outcry, everyone should seriously ignore the media. Wait for some more solid facts.

For the record.

"The Islamist movement Hamas which rules Gaza urged world Muslims to "rise up" in protest, as Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad denounced the raid as "inhuman Zionist regime action."

Just one more BAD thing has come from this. You've given these assholes the shove to get up and do more damage.
stupid j00s
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by RipeFlesh
stupid j00s

But yeah, I won't repeat what I said in the other thread, but I strongly suggest you watch the numerous videos of the boarding before you post your opinion.

Although it can't be denied that Israel's assault occurred in international waters, which is illegal.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Quote by VolumeControl
Before we start going crazy and sparking outcry, everyone should seriously ignore the media. Wait for some more solid facts.

For the record.

"The Islamist movement Hamas which rules Gaza urged world Muslims to "rise up" in protest, as Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad denounced the raid as "inhuman Zionist regime action."

Just one more BAD thing has come from this. You've given these assholes the shove to get up and do more damage.

im sorry i dont really understand what 'giving someone the shove to do something means'. but seriously the fact that they went out of there territory to intercept this boat pisses me off. and by law the crew had the right to defend themselves, so they dont have any excuses to why they opened fire on them.
I don't think there are any citizens supporting this. Everyone I've talked to about this thinks it was an extremely stupid move, and unnecessary killing (not murder, the demonstrators on the boat attacked first).
Quote by jimmyled
Don't look at me. I think it was an act of piracy, pure and simple

It wasn't piracy. It was an act committed by the IDF, the military of a sovereign state. So it's not piracy, it's state terrorism.
im sorry i dont really understand what 'giving someone the shove to do something means'.

Whats not to get?

A bad thing has happened concerning Israel. They ****ed up.

But because of their **** up, terrorist groups like Hamas and whoever else is going to get stirred up. Hence referring to the quote in my previous posts.