Hey,
I'm going to buy a marshall amp I'm sure about that. But I'm not sure If I should buy the lead 15 micro stack or MG 30 FX the price is the same.. the difference is that one is a stack and the other is a combo amp xD what should I buy.. I mean if you just look at the quality of the amps.. and yes.. I'm going to a shop and listen to allot of amps and guitars and I know that's the best way to figure it all out but I want your opinion
better amps for the price out there
I suggest you post a thread in GG&A
tell them your budget
what styles of music you play/want to play
wether or not you are willing to go used
and prehaps your nearest major city
happy amp huntinh
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
take a pass on the cheap marshalls. they may say "marshall" on the front, but they sound very little like the marshall you're hearing in your head...
Who to say what's a cheap amp ! You don't have to spend over 500.00 to get a good amp... Marshalls are not cheap amps. I have the Micro Stack MG15HFX, I think it's a great "In Home" amp, I play my Gibson SG Classic with it, and it has a great sound. Not to mention the Micro stack looks awsome. Go do a test run on one if you can, be sure to play the same kind of guitar you own thru it, so you can know what kind of sound you're going to get.

With my MG 15HFX, I like the fact that I can separate both speakers from the head and place them on opposite ends of the room and play between them, that way I am somewhat surrounded by the music.

But like I said do a test on one, and make your own choice on what's best for you.

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Marshall MG 15HFX Microstack
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Remeber...... Every where you go, there you are!
For that price, you could get a Tube Mate 30, which is at least a low end hybrid (albeit not a very good one). For a couple hundred more you can get a Traynor YCB 50 Blue (I think that's the model name) which is a great amp, WAY better than those Marshalls. Roland Cubes (probably the 30) would be a great amp as well. Play around, don't just buy a Marshall for the name.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by majorpain1023
Who to say what's a cheap amp ! You don't have to spend over 500.00 to get a good amp... Marshalls are not cheap amps. I have the Micro Stack MG15HFX, I think it's a great "In Home" amp, I play my Gibson SG Classic with it, and it has a great sound. Not to mention the Micro stack looks awsome. Go do a test run on one if you can, be sure to play the same kind of guitar you own thru it, so you can know what kind of sound you're going to get.

With my MG 15HFX, I like the fact that I can separate both speakers from the head and place them on opposite ends of the room and play between them, that way I am somewhat surrounded by the music.

But like I said do a test on one, and make your own choice on what's best for you.

"who's to say what's a cheap amp?"
I really hope English isn't your first language because im gonna recommend that you go look up the definition of cheap and than think about that. A cheap amp is any amp that is relatively inexpensive. Thus CHEAP. I see you're sticking to those cheap, yet overpriced for what you get amps, with you Line 6 Spider III.

My BS-ometer is off the charts! Listen, Marshall makes nice amps. HOWEVER, the majority of the chraper amps they make are pieces of shit. The most infamous of these being the MG.

He shouldn't buy the Micro stack because it "looks awesome" as you said.

You're not doing your Gibson justice by playing it through a 15 W Marshall MG.

These forums need some definite quality control.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jun 1, 2010,
Quote by VanTheKraut
My BS-ometer is off the charts! Listen, Marshall makes nice amps. HOWEVER, the majority of the chraper amps they make are pieces of shit. The most infamous of these being the MG.

He shouldn't buy the Micro stack because it "looks awesome" as you said.

You're not doing your Gibson justice by playing it through a 15 W Marshall MG.

What makes you an authority on Marshall amps? If you read my post, I suggested "a test run" on it before buying one.

For me the MG 15HFX is just what I need. I tested others and that's what I decided on. What I like in tone maybe different from you. My budget maybe diferent from yours. I'm happy with what I got, and I don't need bigger or more expensive or to let my neighboors five houses down know I play a guitar to enjoy the amp.

You're right these forums need quality control... Control from people telling others what to buy. I made a suggestion form what I own, I didn't say buy it cuz it "looks awsome", and I also suggested they test it out first to ensure it's what they want.

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Marshall MG 15HFX Microstack
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Remeber...... Every where you go, there you are!
Quote by majorpain1023
What makes you an authority on Marshall amps? If you read my post, I suggested "a test run" on it before buying one.

For me the MG 15HFX is just what I need. I tested others and that's what I decided on. What I like in tone maybe different from you. My budget maybe diferent from yours. I'm happy with what I got, and I don't need bigger or more expensive or to let my neighboors five houses down know I play a guitar to enjoy the amp.

You're right these forums need quality control... Control from people telling others what to buy. I made a suggestion form what I own, I didn't say buy it cuz it "looks awsome", and I also suggested they test it out first to ensure it's what they want.

Well I wouldn't say an authority but you can play a lot of amps when you work an 8 hour shift at a mom and pop guitar store, including quite a few Marshalls. The point is you were hawking a low quality, high price (for what you get) amp and I simply pointed out that it sucked. Especially with the tons of other amps in that price range that absolutely blow an MG micro stack away.

Well atleast you're satisfied with it. But I expect with time, probably when your ear matures, you will want to try out a few different options. You make it sound like the choices are either Marshall MG or a million dollar, shake the rafters Full stack. There are affordable, good amps that don't kill your neighbors, just an example, my main amp arm is a $360 60 watt all tube combo, which i've never heard a complaint about.

I certainly didn't tell him what to buy, I simply pointed out, like many well informed UGers would, that a Marshall MG is not the best "bang for the buck" so to speak. If I were to suggest amps for the TS to check out that are similar small practice combos, I would say: Roland Cube 30X, Roland Microcube, most of the Vox modelling series', the majority of the Peavey Vypyr series, Hell maybe even a fender if he wanted only cleans.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

^ The guy is right. stay away from the MG and grab a small all-tube amp instead.

If you're un-willing to go tube for some reason, try a modeling SS amp like the Roland cube 30x or Peavey Vypyr 30 they're definitely great for the buck.
but my question is... which one is better??:P the micro stack or the MG 30 FX? I mean one is a stack but less powerfull xD so what do you say?
Quote by LeonKG
but my question is... which one is better??:P the micro stack or the MG 30 FX? I mean one is a stack but less powerfull xD so what do you say?

That's like asking "Which one is better, this dog turd or this cat turd?" - really it doesn't matter because you don't really want either of them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
That's like asking "Which one is better, this dog turd or this cat turd?" - really it doesn't matter because you don't really want either of them.

Exactly. They're both shit.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

I had the marshall micro stack.
My mate has a marshall MG30.

They both sounded equally as shit.

But mine looked t0t4lly a0r4bl3.

Something like the Vox VT30, Roland Cube 30, Peavey Vypyr 30 is similarly priced and sounds a shit tonne better.
Last edited by beckyjc at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by beckyjc
I had the marshall micro stack.
My mate has a marshall MG30.

They both sounded equally as shit.

But mine looked t0t4lly a0r4bl3.

Something like the Vox VT30, Roland Cube 30, Peavey Vypyr 30 is similarly priced and sounds a shit tonne better.

+1
Quote by VanTheKraut

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
wow, never knew calling an inexspensive amp "cheap" could spark such a reaction. to make myself clear, i say cheap to denote inexspensive rather than poor quality. though, in this case, both apply to a degree...

if you must have an answer as to whether the stack (its a MICRO stack. lets not forget this little detail) or the mg30 is better, i would say the micro stack. the MG simply has too much digital garbage (which marshall has yet to do well) going on, and i would sooner get the simpler micro stack. they have the same core sounds in them, the micro just has less junk to cut through

that being said, i completely support the notion of a good modeling amp. im not the biggest fan in the world of them, but they are definately solid amps with lots of decent tones on tap. my personal favorites are the vox vt's, but they are a little pricey. the peavey vypyrs are a close second. just dont get a spider...
well i bought an mg50dfx two months ago and i regret about it , obviously cheaper marshall amps are not good enough for its price .
i know this is an old thread, but it might help someone else who finds it. i used to have an mg10, worst amp ive ever used. the peavey rage 158 i got on ebay for $50 sounds a million times better, its actually a good practice amp. the mg10 sounds horrible, and all the other mgs do too. if you want a cheap marshall, get an old lead 12. different from the lead 15, its better. the lead 12 is basically a solid state jcm800.
I have a Marshall Lead 15, it suits my purposes well. I use it to play in a band. The line out, used with a direct box will have you screaming through a pa. system very well. But, if your looking to mic it that will take some doing as it is only 15 watts and the sound man will have to crank the gain way up on the board to even hear it. I get a good sound out of it, coupled with my Vox TonewLab st and a Tradition Strat. All in all, it is what you shop for and what sound you are looking for should be what you buy. Look at all the models and try them all out. You may find that what your looking for is something completely different from this.
Quote by gregs1020

2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate