Hi All this is my first post
I have been playing guitar for about a year and a half, and regularly vist the forums and use this website.

At the moment I play an Ibanez MTM2.
I'd like to get a more all rounded guitar.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Cheers
Well it depends what music styles you play, if you need a tremolo etc.

The standard response to threads of this type is: HSS Fender Stratocaster.

Also, people will probably ask what type of amp you are using.
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
and that's it. done buying stuff. probably.
ESP Horizon NT-II with Seymour duncans

also whats ur amp? If u have a crappy amp, split ur budget and buy a good amp and a guitar. Most of ur tone comes from the amp, not the guitar.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Ibanez S5470
ESP horizon
any Carvin
Jackson USA soloists and dinkys

and many many more

can you give us some guidelines? whether you want 24 frets,trem or a thin neck etc. etc.

and the type of music you play
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 1, 2010,
I have a BLACKSTAR HT STUDIO 20 COMBO.
So i think that's fine for the moment.
Quote by Prandard
I have a BLACKSTAR HT STUDIO 20 COMBO.
So i think that's fine for the moment.

Since you are familiar with ibanez,what about a RG prestige?

RG 1570
RG 2550
RG 2570
RG 3550
I was thinking more of a rock styled guitar than a metal one.
And have been leaving towards telecasters?
Quote by Prandard
I was thinking more of a rock styled guitar than a metal one.
And have been leaving towards telecasters?

When u said "all rounded guitar" i thought u wanted a versatile guitar.

if u want a telecaster, check out the Fender American Standard/Deluxe teles. A Fender Road Worn tele is nice aswell.

Maybe check out Les Pauls and SG's aswell.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
What kind of tone do you want?

Your best bet is to go the store, plug in as many guitars into the same amp you have (if they have one in stock). Find the one that you like tonally and physically (feel and sonic). For example, I love the sound of a distorted strat, but some people love the sound of teles, les pauls or SGs. Even so, each strat can be different, and so on.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
really just try out a bunch of different guitars. With a £1000 budget you could even consider getting a couple of guitars around the £500 mark. You could get, for example, two Japanese-made Tokai models for around that (they make high quality copies of Fenders and Gibsons, among other things).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
imo, the best thing is to narrow down your requirements in terms of tremolos, active vs passive pups, any body shapes or colours you like or don't like, and then go to the store and, as said above, just play as many as you can that meet those requirements.

I think it's a better idea to go out there with a really open mind and find a guitar which you really gel with, rather than decided ahead of time "I want a .............." and then spend ages trying to find one while ignoring all the other options.

Guitars are really personal and you might find that you personally don't fit well with the particular guitar that you have your heart set on. You might find one out of the blue, from left field, which just grabs you and says "buy me".
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
and that's it. done buying stuff. probably.