Does anyone here have a band where they use multiple distortions for different songs? if so why? is it something you advise?i use two distortions, currently only one cuz my other guitaristneeds to use one for shows, and an equalizer, so i see it as two distortins, or for if i have both pedals. What do oyou guys do? should i have more pedals??? do u have more pedals? what to do! haha
I use my amp (Bugera 333XL), and a Zvex Fuzz Factory live, sometimes together, sometimes alone to get a different distortion effect. For awhile I was using a Fender Starcaster Distortion pedal as well.

I find the Fuzz Factory combined with the Bugera's crunch channel gives this odd "burnt toast" quality to my sound that I really like, like valves at the edge of destruction without really being on the edge of destruction.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Black Label Society. It's practically a fetish for Zakk Wylde. Along with pinch harmonics.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Boss HM-2 + Big Muff = mmmmmmmm
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Sometimes i stick my Devi and rat on together when the bassist and drummer are fucking me off
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I think he means like one song will have one kind of distortion and another song will have a different kind...

If that's the case, yeah I do that. Why? Well, I'll give you an example.

My band has this song we play called 'The Mirror.' I wrote the guitar parts for it (except this weird riff in the bridge), and when I wrote the song I had a certain type of high gain tone in mind. So when we play it, I use the tone that I sculpted out on my amp for that song.
Then say we play our song 'Silver Fire.' When I wrote the riffs for that song, I had a completely different tone in mind, sort of edgier and more raw, so I use the channel/pedals I need to get THAT sound when we play it.

If you meant using two different distortions together, generally no I don't, because it gets to be way too much hiss for me to bear (I don't own a noise suppressor at the moment).
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I use a Boss BD-2 and soon will be combining that with a Maxon OD-9 (though I've done it before, borrowing a friend's), and the two drives each have their own characters that I find fit different songs, so I use two. These, combined with the natural drive from my soon-to-buy Hayden Mofo, and I'll be in mid level gain heaven

Sometimes combining two different distortions/overdrives gives nice nuances to the tone that you can't get using just one or just the other. Although sometimes it just turns into a hissy mess.
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
I meant ones for different songs
I'm just wondering on what I should do. Because it's much easier to blend when ur bot switching like crazy but it's something we need to work on withtime
Quote by Katsock
I meant ones for different songs
I'm just wondering on what I should do. Because it's much easier to blend when ur bot switching like crazy but it's something we need to work on withtime

If thats the case then read my post :P
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Of course every song is different, so different sounds are required. it's really about what the song needs. I use crunch and an ultra setting on my Peavey, and also eff with the volume knob for a third sound.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com