What do you think is better? To use guitar pro as a backing tack or a mp3 as a backing track?

thinking about using guitar pro because i can read the tabs as i play if i get lost, but then i guess that is kinda a bad habbit to do

But what would others prefer? people using a mp3 or a guitar pro track?
Personally, I prefer using a mp3 backing track. Guitar pros tracks sound terrible on their own, never mind when trying to play over it. Guitar pro's only good for tabbing several instruments in and getting a good idea of timings, rhythm etc.

Using guitar pro to help remember the song isn't bad though. As long as what you're seeing and playing is sticking in your head as you play it, then it's ok. But if you do it too often, then your brain will become lazy and will rely on seeing the tab whenever you play.

Also, if you need a good website for free downloadable backing tracks, here's one:

http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php?page=dl_list
GPs sound pretty good if you have the RSE packs, and I find it pretty useful for learning songs, especially more complicated ones. I find it helps drill them into my head.
Yeah I'm using the RSE pack as well so it sounds alright, but I find it so much easier to play along to guitar pro then say a mp3,

Well what i have been doing is playing along with the guitar pro version alot then play along with the mp3 and i find it easier to play along with the mp3 then, but what i have noticed is the timing is different between the two, Is that normal or is it only on some tabs?
I love MP3 Backing Tracks - they really help with timing, staying in key practicing leads, etc. Best thing since sliced bread! As an old cat who no longer Jams or Gigs I can actually play with other musicians sitting here at my computer with my headphones on and It feels like I'm really playing with other real live musicians. + A having a drummer is so nice - much better than a metronome to practice with...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I need to learn to play with backing tracks, any tips on learning to play with them? I feel it would help once i join a band or find someone else to play with