Whats the best deal for me on a Mesa Boogie rectifier 4x12 cab for 850 $ used in good condition Or an Orange PPC 412 cab for 900 used with some scratches ?

My head is a single rectifier and the type of sound that i'm looking for is modern for rock punk hardcore metal etc. But I also want good clean tones for blues etc ( But not the priority )

Thanks guys !
If you're in the US, both prices are still pretty high for used cabs. I paid $400 for my recto cab.
I prefer Orange cabs over Mesa's. But both prices are indeed too steep. Even in Canada.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by xMax_X at Jun 1, 2010,
Try the Guitar Center used gear listings. They have a few for 500 right now. There's one for 400 but it doesn't say whether it's the Recto or Stiletto cab.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by xMax_X
In canada... If I buy it US + Shipping + Duty = over 1000

Never, EVER have cabs shipped unless it's either super rare or you're getting a spectacular deal on it.

Edit: and by "super rare" I mean something like a '69 Marshall basketweave cab with blackbacks, not just a cab you want but can't find on local Clist or Kijiji.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jun 1, 2010,
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Never, EVER have cabs shipped unless it's either super rare or you're getting a spectacular deal on it.

Edit: and by "super rare" I mean something like a '69 Marshall basketweave cab with blackbacks, not just a cab you want but can't find on local Clist or Kijiji.

lol, i just saw an old orange 4x12 with (3) squarebacks, i guess one squareback blew so they replaced it with a G12M. just happened to be a black back G12M.

also, my buddy had a set of G12H cream backs.

i have driven to atlanta, GA from richmond, VA to pick up the leslie (happened to be driving by there for work). local deals on cabs are way better, but shipping is a bad idea in general with cabs for multiple reasons.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae