Hello goodpeople I know you like a lot of specs so here we go.

1. Floating bridge / FR.

2. Rosewood fretboard (tree of life inlays would be great).

3. Ibz S shape body or similar (not RG).

4. I fell in love with quilted maple tops, especially blues.

5. U$D 1000 max.

I hope you can help me!

EDIT: Removed most of the set up specs because I want to know which guitars have that body shape/color and then decide between them.
Last edited by haceteunosmates at Jun 2, 2010,
i was in your boat a few months back. I had a look on ebay and picked up a brand new real Les Paul custom for £250
Quote by aeromigit
i was in your boat a few months back. I had a look on ebay and picked up a brand new real Les Paul custom for £250

Lol
Quote by kirky boy
Why don't you get the guitar in the picture, it satisfies all you wanted

I would, but it's about $500 which is not a lot more than my current Ibz which sucks. I'm just speaking by it's price only tho.. And like I said I want something as high end as I can afford.

Anyway keep posting
what kind of amp are you running into. a 1000 dollar guitar through an 80 dollar amp is gonna sound like crap.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
what kind of amp are you running into. a 1000 dollar guitar through an 80 dollar amp is gonna sound like crap.

I've got a Vypyr 75. I'm happy with it. Upgraded it before the guitar.
Quote by haceteunosmates
I've got a Vypyr 75. I'm happy with it. Upgraded it before the guitar.

the vyper's a good amp for what it's worth...but it's not worth that much to begin with.
you might be better off buying that guitar you had in the picture and something like a peavey classic 30 or what not. but if you don't care...

the fact that you play classic rock and blues and metal occasionally (if you meant what i think you meant) means that it might be a good idea for you to reconsider getting a floyd rose. If you've never had one before than you definitely don't know whether or not you want one. They're quite the unnessacary pain in the asshole, and if you only play metal occasionally then i don't really see why you would want one. Tuning is a big hassel, and restringing is madness. Some guys who have been using floyd roses for years might disagree, but those guys are probably disagreeing because they actually use their floyd roses a lot and have used them enough to get used to them. Bottom line is that i don't think you want a floyd rose (i see i rambled quite a bit about that).

I'd get this: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=515747

Good old american strat (HSS).
EDIT: i would definitely recomend upgrading your amp at some point in the future if your going to buy a guitar with all the money you have
Last edited by stratdud39 at Jun 1, 2010,
I might change amp again in the future yeah. I just feel like I need a new guitar. My current one feels boring? Maybe it's the GAS..

Like I said the HSS is my backup if I cant find anything with a quilted maple that fits the other reqs

There are some ESP.. but the headstocks are so awful
How about an ESP LTD mh1000, or schecter hellraiser? You should probably change the pickups to something else, but other than that it seems to fit your criteria.
Schecter would be good. Thicker neck than the Ibby. Dunno about the rosewood fretboard. Almost all of them have coil tap on an HH set-up.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
The LTD EC1000 MGO got a really good review in GP Mag a couple of months ago. It comes with Seymour Duncans if I recall correctly and really looked like an ultra modern Gold Top. Of course some of the other colours available would no doubt be just as good. The price was around $800 USD but I'm not sur eif you got a case with it.
Moving on.....
Hmm. Is there anything with a Ibz S shape body and tree of life inlays?

I'd get a Schecter C1 Custom but the inlays suck. I care a lot about how it looks you know.. Plus I read around they are mid lvl guitars.
Schecter C-1 Elite?
The best revenge is bettering yourself-Zacky V

311 Freak of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
I know its dis-continued, but I do have a schecter without inlays, and just a red nautical star at the 12th fret.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by haceteunosmates
Hmm. Is there anything with a Ibz S shape body and tree of life inlays?

I'd get a Schecter C1 Custom but the inlays suck. I care a lot about how it looks you know.. Plus I read around they are mid lvl guitars.

Hmm I dont think so, all J-Customs are RG-style bodies.
If you could find one a schecter c-1 classic would be a good fit for what you want however im not sure if its a rosewood fretboard, and then you would also have money left over over to invest in a new amp. They are discontinued but are pretty easy to find on the used market here is the musiciansfriend ad. And it comes in blue and looks super sexy .

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0&gclid=CJ2nqYrRgKICFRYBiQodE3PZFQ
Quote by full_ride_311
Schecter C-1 Elite?

C 1 Customs meat the reqs (tho no floating bridge) but I read around that they are great mid lvl guitars.. I cant try one but I want something that I wont have to change later on.. also the inlays on the C1 Customs sucks

The washburn's bridge detune all strings I've read :S So that's a no.
If you saved up some more, you could get a custom Carvin.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Ok I dont want to make a whole new thread but what's the neck width in a Fender MIA strat nowadays?

And what's the width in a cheap RG170 Ibanez? I need to make comparisons.