I dunno guys, whenever theres something hard or "not so fun" working in a group fixes that problem. I used to learn so many covers then i stopped abruptly. Its so hard to get inspired nowadays. im really finding it hard to get inspired to learn covers even though almost every single cover i've learnt has helped me in some way. Don't get me wrong, i still pickup the guitar and play about 2-5 hours a day but just playing my own stuff or just riffing and what not.

Stuck in the same level of guitar playing??

I think its time i get back to covers, i think its time i try to get good again but i don't want to do it alone, it gets boring and like i said nothing motivates me. What if we were to make a group. We pick around 15-20 cover songs and we set deadlines for each song, say 2-3 days for a song. And by that deadline we have to upload them to youtube( doesn't have to be good quality). We can then point out what we're doing wrong to each other and also have an inspiration to keep pushing forward.

This might not work, this might fail and noone might reply. But what if we did make it work. What if we had 30 people doing it. Think of the goddamn progress we'll make.

Whos in? Suggestions or something? please work damn you
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

torrentleech invite please
good idea, but i think instead of just picking a certain amount of songs, pick a few songs for beginners, a few for the average guitarist and a few for the best guitarists
It sounds like a good idea
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
Yeah i mean definately first few songs will be easy then it gets harder and harder and harder.

Lets just get a group going before we can discuss songs.
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

Im up for it, thoughts on some of the first songs we could cover?
ESP LTD EC-401 White - EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG420CM

Blackstar HT-5

Artec Classic Fuzztown
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff
Good idea up for it, if i could learn a song in 2-3 days but i can't yet :P

I'll see what i can do tho depending on the song
Lets not get caught on the small details like how many days. But we want to be efficient and we want to get better.
Quote by greendayguitar

Oh Cmon
Quote by greendayguitar

Depends on the level of the songs.

I can't shred like crazy or anything, but I don't wanna waste my time playing stupid easy power chord songs, y'know?

Otherwise it sounds like fun. I may be a little delayed though for the next two weeks as school's finishing up and exams are coming up, but I'm still game.
I'd seriously love to do this man but I can't afford the time for it. Damn summer classes
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack

I'd be in for sure!
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
This sounds like a great idea, if only I had an amp....
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
look in the pit, its called " calling all the pits guitar players" i think they do it monthly and they have a week to learn it, thers 3 tiers of nub mid and pro and u choose whatever song u wanna play

EDIT: link
Last edited by Painkiller_73 at Jun 1, 2010,
i might be interested
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
i'm down
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
I like it. Only problem I have is what if my skill level is not up to par for the song?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
EDIT: link

Check this link out, its not exactly the same. I dunno what do you guys think.
Quote by greendayguitar

I like it
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Call me in another month and I'm so down. Right now however I'm stuck in writing a thesis every day of the week =(
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
Quote by Goodnighttnight
2-3 days is not enough , unless you go all out.

I'm pretty sure you could learn a song withing 3 days. If by ear idk but with decent tabs it'll help. 3 days for a song you know will be a lot easier than a totally new song.

Back on topic. I'd be willing to do this if I actually have a camera to record with :S Then again it has to be a song/ genre I want to play
Sign me up, compadres!!!
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
i think that 5 days would be perfect, starting maybe on saturday so that the day will be free for most
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Hey guys, finally found the thread I was asked to come to

I'll be willing to do it, so I'm in. Plus it'll help with my 52-song goal, I'm starting to run out of good songs in my iTunes to learn and I haven't heard anything interesting on the radio recently

EDIT: After reading previous posts, I've discovered people are worried about their skill level. Like someone has mentioned before, for each deadline, we have 3 songs available to choose; 1 for the beginner skill level, 1 for the intermediate skill level, and 1 for the advanced skill level.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jun 2, 2010,
Difficulty is relative though, so somebody is going to grade the songs by difficulty or do we go by general opinion and suggestions? I really think this would be great! Even if we only got 5-6 to get on it, it would be tons of fun and rewarding as well!
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
This sounds kinda fun I'm in. I've been needing something to do with guitar when I'm not writing stuff. Sounds like a pretty big responsibility though (for the OP). I used to do threads like this on video game forums, they were a pain to manage, hehe. God speed!
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Lefty
-Epiphone Les Paul Special II Lefty, name's Sonny =)
-Danelectro CM-1 Metal Pedal
-Danelectro CC-1 Chorus Pedal

I've been playing since Summer '09
Yeah i like challenges so i guess we're good. I dunno, any ideas how when to start this.

Why not jam with people? Im repulsive and everyone hates me in real life.
Quote by greendayguitar

Quote by wyldelife
Difficulty is relative though, so somebody is going to grade the songs by difficulty or do we go by general opinion and suggestions? I really think this would be great! Even if we only got 5-6 to get on it, it would be tons of fun and rewarding as well!

Well I assume that one would be able to tell by listening to a song how difficult it is. We'll just need to find a definitive difference between beginner intermediate and advanced.
Quote by mrbreeze317
why not just find some people you actually jam with in person?

Because it's not as easy as it sounds for some people. Also, this is a task that can be done at night, which is usually when I do my playing.
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500