How do they last longer, my guitar cables always go shitty in a month or so, because of my abuse. Any rules what i should do and not do with the cables?
Could be that your just using cheap cables. Invest in some decent cables with a good warranty and you won't have to worry about cable issues anymore.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Spend a little more on your cables. I've found that DiMarzio cables with the fabric wrapping last a very long time, provide good sound and have a decent warrenty.

Monster cables are great, but unnecessary until you are semi pro.

Suggestions:

Use those little velcro wraps to prevent suffling in storage and transportation.

Always clean the tips before and after use!

Wind them up using the factory coiling as a guide. Going against the facotry coiling can cuase pinching and binding, especially in lower quality cables.

Hope that helps
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Too bad gold tips don't really do anything, and the plating wears off.

Unless I am incorrect I believe they simply give you a better connection - although it may not be a significant difference. Mine have never worn at all - I take very good care of my equipment though, after a year or two with the cables I have now they don't have so much as a scratch, and the tips still look polished.