When I first got my Rickenbacker 4003 I decided I would not remove the chrome bridge pickup cover, because almost every Rick I've seen has it off, but I was running into the problem the rest of those guys probably did too, it gets in the way! So I ordered the Pickguardian cover plate, and viola!, its like having a new bass. I really think it looks sweet. The white matches the pick guard perfectly, it's alot more comfortable, and it's easier to play. What do ya'll think?
Attachments:
SSPX0094.jpg
Quote by Casketcreep
I think you're a bastard for being able to afford one in the first place

this.

jealous.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
It look good to me, but dosent the pickup cover do something with the pickup? Maby Im making this up, but I could have sworn I read something saying that.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by Casketcreep
I think you're a bastard for being able to afford one in the first place

I actually got the first $1,500 from my grandma for a christmas gift. She was going to buy me one and suprize me with it, but she had no idea how to get ahold of one, so she had to give me the money to buy it.
Quote by c3powil
It look good to me, but dosent the pickup cover do something with the pickup? Maby Im making this up, but I could have sworn I read something saying that.

I had thought the same at first too, thinking the metal and the magnets have something to do with each other, but the cover is actually made of plastic, so I can't see what it would do, besides covering up the sweet spot, lol.
In the old Rickenbackers, the 'horseshoe' wrap-around pickups were partly built in to that pickup cover, so you'd need it on for the pickup to work (I think).

I've been very tempted to do this on my Rickenfaker, it is damned annoying.
I do like pickup covers, and its sad to see one go, but that Rick...so...damn...sexy
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Samzawadi
In the old Rickenbackers, the 'horseshoe' wrap-around pickups were partly built in to that pickup cover, so you'd need it on for the pickup to work (I think).

I've been very tempted to do this on my Rickenfaker, it is damned annoying.

Yea, thats what I was thinkin'. Looks good with it off, but then again, its a hard thing to make a Rick look ugly.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I am oozing with jealously. I have always wanted a Rickenbacker or one of the high end Specters.
this looks like jesus
Spoon + Pen = Spen
Quote by HJS >.>
What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.
I have a chrome pickguardian cut for a seymour duncan pickup on my rick copy and I agree it's brilliant.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I know, beceuase they look as fugly as they can ever be straight out the factory!

If I could ban you I would for that blatantly uneducated drivel
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.

Geddy Lee says STFU
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Quote by Claypool5667
I actually got the first $1,500 from my grandma for a christmas gift. She was going to buy me one and suprize me with it, but she had no idea how to get ahold of one, so she had to give me the money to buy it.

Best Gandma ever. Of all time.

Looks sweet dude, I love how a little aesthetic can change your whole view of the intrument and make you want to play it even more!
Have fun with it, man!
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol