Page 1 of 2
Many Irish going? Any non-Irish going? Me and my over-drinking friends will be staying in Red Camp. It's an excuse to get well and truly pissed and to have a massive laugh in my opinion, regardless of the music. I'll still be seeing a few acts, such as Muse and The Prodigy.

Line-up:

❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Been twice and thoroughly enjoyed it! A bit hectic though!

Not going this year though, heading to Glastonbury instead!
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
I'd like to see Prodigy live. I've heard they are insane and LOUD.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
I wanted to go to Sonisphere this year, MUCH better than Oxegen, but we're a bit young yet and my friends are all conforming bastards. Next year. Next year.
Bertolt Bretcht

ololololol no way
i would not pay that much for a ticket to go
i only see 3 bands i would just about to want to go see
im going to glasgowbury instead <3
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
So you decided to go then

Yes I will be there, for the craic and for:

- Muse
- Kasabian
- The Black Keys
- Fat Boy Slim
- Wolfmother (Actually no )
- Arcade Fire
- The Prodigy
- Stereophonics
Quote by Duffman123
So you decided to go then

Yes I will be there, for the craic and for:

- Muse
- Kasabian
- The Black Keys
- Fat Boy Slim
- Wolfmother (Actually no )
- Arcade Fire
- The Prodigy
- Stereophonics

Yeah, lost the argument with my friends to go to Sonisphere

But yeah, I said to my Mom (who has no idea of the level of drink we will consume there) that I was unsure about spending that much money. She said: "Ok, I'll pay for half of it."

Scorreee
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
Yeah, lost the argument with my friends to go to Sonisphere

But yeah, I said to my Mom (who has no idea of the level of drink we will consume there) that I was unsure about spending that much money. She said: "Ok, I'll pay for half of it."

Scorreee

Lucky you, took me a long time saving up for it

Are buying drink down there or bringing it with you?
I will be brining drink down with me. I'm not sure how much though, how much drink is enough to keep me drunk for 4 days?
Quote by Duffman123

I will be brining drink down with me. I'm not sure how much though, how much drink is enough to keep me drunk for 4 days?

Well since we're 17, we'll get friends to buy it for us down here, then bring it up with us. Then we'll get them to bring it in.

I'm guessing like 2/3 crates of Stella? Actually no, Stella gives the worst bitch of a hangover ever. Maybe couple slabs of Bud or Heineken.
Bertolt Bretcht

^
Spirits are easier to bring in to the arena. Also, you can't bring glass, we nearly got ****ed with that one.
Quote by Duffman123

Only a fool would buy drink there.

When we went in 08 we brought a slab of miller and about a litre and a half of vodka each. If we didn't have weed it probably wouldn't have kept us going, but we were pretty generous with the Miller around the campsite

I'm not going this year, I reckon the price is too high once you factor in the cost of food, booze, supplies and travel and while I wouldn't usually care about the music all that much the fact that Eminem is there makes me worried about the type of crowd it'll draw. The best thing about Oxegen has always been the really positive atmosphere and how cool and laid back everyone is, but knowing the type of people Eminem will draw...

If I earn enough this summer I'll try to go to Electric Picnic seeing as how UCD is starting back about 2 weeks later this year.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Jun 1, 2010,
^I've learned from Poitin and my friend's near death experience with vodka to keep spirits to a minimum. We'll be trying cans, which you're allowed. We just have to make sure that we meet up with our older friends.

Duffman, which camp are you staying at?
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
Well since we're 17, we'll get friends to buy it for us down here, then bring it up with us. Then we'll get them to bring it in.

I'm guessing like 2/3 crates of Stella? Actually no, Stella gives the worst bitch of a hangover ever. Maybe couple slabs of Bud or Heineken.

I will probably just bring down a good bit of vodka (in plastic bottles) and a few bottles of magners.
But funds are low at the minute and I have to worry about buying food and drink, travel, clothes and other things for Oxegen

The line up is pretty poor though i though, compared to other years anyway

I will be at the blue camp, you?
Yeah, I'll be living off Lidl and Aldi stuff. Penneys (Primark) clothes aswell, €20 bus return I think. I'm in Red camp, with the rest of Munster
Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at Jun 1, 2010,
Primark - Clothes
Lidil - Food and drink

My bus is £25 return but I suppose I'm up in the north so mine will be dearer. Most Down ones I know will be in the blue camp. I don't think it matters what camp it says on your ticket, you can just go to whichever one.

Did you get your ticket yet? I ordered mine online and I still haven't got it, same for all the other people I know who ordered online
Nah I'm buying it tomorrow, I was smart enough not to buy my ticket before everyone else, because last time I did that was for a Metallica gig, and all my friends pulled outa month before it. I had to nearly force them to buy their tickets

They thanked me in the end, we had a great laugh. Hopefully this will exceed that
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
^I've learned from Poitin and my friend's near death experience with vodka to keep spirits to a minimum. We'll be trying cans, which you're allowed. We just have to make sure that we meet up with our older friends.

Duffman, which camp are you staying at?

My group got separated at the gate so I was the only one of 5 of us who was 18 and ended up having to carry all there booze in while they took my stuff. Got some strange looks when they searched my bags, it looked like I'd brought 5 backpacks of booze and nothing else
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
The lineup is average in relation to the ticket price imo.

Im thinking about going to the Mitchelstown indiependance festival. Except, they are charging this year. 60 for a ticket, when i realistically only genuinely want to see two of the bands, is a bit steep...

EDIT: Last time a i went to oxegen, a friend of mine went to take his ticket out of his pocket, and realised he had brought a ticket to see a munster match a couple of weeks before hand. So most of us waited outside, to help him sort it out, and we let two of the lads go in and set up the tent. The pitched it near a tree, which resulted in us sleeping in a pool of piss by the end of the weekend, because everyone used the tree as the toilet. Our friend got in the end, he phoned home for the serial number, and they were able to print him a new one.
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Jun 1, 2010,
Quote by Ur all $h1t
My group got separated at the gate so I was the only one of 5 of us who was 18 and ended up having to carry all there booze in while they took my stuff. Got some strange looks when they searched my bags, it looked like I'd brought 5 backpacks of booze and nothing else

Lets say you're 17 and they search your bag and find drink, will anything happen?
I'd assume they take it off you, maybe kick you out? Might be a bit harsh.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
I'd assume they take it off you, maybe kick you out? Might be a bit harsh.

Sh*t >_>
Quote by Duffman123
Lets say you're 17 and they search your bag and find drink, will anything happen?

I get the feeling that absolutely noting would happen, the gates are packed they don't want a hold up.
My mates were worried it'd be confiscated which is why I held it for them, but some of our other friends just walked in with it. They're not selling it to you, and possessing it isn't illegal AFAIK.
Although if you have a mate who's over 18 just get him/her to carry it in.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Yeah I was thinking you could just say you were holding it for a "friend"
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by darkcheef
I like a lot of the people listed there

Same, theres not a lot on there I wouldn't enjoy.
My exam in Germany's been moved up to the 10th, and Oxo's 8-11th I believe, so I shan't be attending. I was gonna get a day ticket for the day Julian Casablanca's playing if there's some other good acts on that day, but alas!

With regards to drink, they usually just check for glass. They won't care if you're overage, underage, carrying a bomb, whatever. I do recommend bringing some vodka in a plastic bottle, however. You get to the point where conventional drinking methods don't work anymore.

We also brought magic brownies last year - that was a trip! If you do this, DON'T GET IMPATIENT AND EAT THEM ALL. Just give it time, they'll come around.
Quote by Declan87
My exam in Germany's been moved up to the 10th, and Oxo's 8-11th I believe, so I shan't be attending. I was gonna get a day ticket for the day Julian Casablanca's playing if there's some other good acts on that day, but alas!

With regards to drink, they usually just check for glass. They won't care if you're overage, underage, carrying a bomb, whatever. I do recommend bringing some vodka in a plastic bottle, however. You get to the point where conventional drinking methods don't work anymore.

We also brought magic brownies last year - that was a trip! If you do this, DON'T GET IMPATIENT AND EAT THEM ALL. Just give it time, they'll come around.

Definately might try the brownies..
Bertolt Bretcht

I've never even heard of over half the bands on there, and most of the ones I have heard of suck ass.

Like Muse.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
*Awaits Muse fanboys with lasers*
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
*Awaits Muse fanboys with lasers*

Did someone mention Muse?

But seriously I would advise you to go and see them even if you aren't a fan. I mean they will put on the best show there
This looks pretty good for a non rock festival, has a lot of my guilty pleasures on there. My download tickets came today so i'm pretty excited for that one.
Yeah my friend is (or used to be anyway) a big fan, I'll be going for the lasers and Hysteria. also Stockholme Syndrome.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by josh999x
This looks pretty good for a non rock festival, has a lot of my guilty pleasures on there. My download tickets came today so i'm pretty excited for that one.

Do you want to swap?

If you enjoy Stockholm Syndrome you would probably like Dead Star, Citizen Erased and Hyper Music
*Hopes they play them and not their new crappy pop songs*
Last edited by Duffman123 at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by Duffman123
Do you want to swap?

I think i'm alright, i'de rather see AC/DC.
Quote by josh999x
I think i'm alright, i'de rather see AC/DC.

I want to see Them Crooked Vultures

You're a lucky man, some great acts going to Download this year
Yeah, Download looks really cool. Motorhead... *drool*
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
Yeah, Download looks really cool. Motorhead... *drool*

I guess not may people from the pit are going to Oxegen, looks like were the only 2
Well, you can be rest assured that I'll be the only guy there in a Metallica t shirt blasting metal from his tent while chugging beer.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
Well, you can be rest assured that I'll be the only guy there in a Metallica t shirt blasting metal from his tent while chugging beer.

Trust me I'l be doing the same
So... No-one else on UG is going? Hm.

Bertolt Bretcht

Page 1 of 2