After more than a week of waiting my new LP arrived today!
The wait was worth it. It's a 2010 Les Paul Traditional in Honey Burst and the pics below don't do it justice (camera messes up colours).
The fellow I dealt with at L&M (Shane - who happens to own a R9 & VOS himself) sent a message to the warehouse guy when I expressed my dissapointment with the samples I'd seen in and around Calgary last week. I itemized what I check for when inspecting a new guitar and he passed it on to the warehouse. The fellow there (can't recall name) went thru the 20 some odd Honey Bursts and picked one out according to my requirements. This extra touch really paid off and the guitar I received easily passed my inspection.

Workmanship - binding, finishing, inlays, alignment of neck, strings and PUs are all top notch. The wood is very nice and while not a AAA top the AA has some flame to it (again Pics not too good).
The weight is heavy like I expect (Body weight relieved, one-piece mahogany) and the neck is a true, round '59 profile (just like my Elitists).
The PUs are 57 Classics and sound very nice. The tuners are 16:1 Tone Pros 'Kluson' styled.

Set up out of the box is a little better than most but still needs tweeking for my taste.
The neck relief was approx 0.004" or almost straight.
Nut height a little too high but not as high as my Elitists originally came.
Strings and correspondingly the PUs are set too high. I quickly lowered the PUs and bridge down and it's immediately better but a thorough set up later will optimize this I'm sure.

Once all is tweeked and I've play it a bit more, I'll do a full review as I noticed a lack of LP Traditional reviews on the Gibson page.

Cheers
Attachments:
Picture 001 COMPRESSED.jpg
Picture 003 COMPRESSED.jpg
Picture 004 COMPRESSED.jpg
Picture 005 COMPRESSED.jpg
Moving on.....
Oy - paid a lot for that one huh??!! I hope it's completely perfect...I know I'd expect it to be.

congrats!
Beautiful!!! HNGD..
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by progrmr
Oy - paid a lot for that one huh??!! I hope it's completely perfect...I know I'd expect it to be.

congrats!

Sorry didn't post the price - $2450.00 CAD which is about $150 less than a Standard here in Canada. When I bought my Elitists the Gibson LP STDs were over $3K but I guess our stronger than normal dollar has finally paid off for music gear. (one of the reasons I finally decided to go for it)
Moving on.....
Gorgeous!
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)

Gorgeous

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Looks awesome! That's a pretty cool perk you got with the factory thing. Happy new guitar day. Les Pauls are beautiful.
Finish looks great!! HNGD!

Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by patbuck2
Looks awesome! That's a pretty cool perk you got with the factory thing. Happy new guitar day. Les Pauls are beautiful.

That's the Yorkville Sound/Long & McQuade Warehouse not Gibson. They're the Canadian distrubtor for Gibson. I doubt they'd even answer te phone at Gibson if I called!
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
That's the Yorkville Sound/Long & McQuade Warehouse not Gibson. They're the Canadian distrubtor for Gibson. I doubt they'd even answer te phone at Gibson if I called!

Oh. My bad.
Beautiful man....I have a 2009 Traditional Plus in Iced Tea finish. It's truly an awesome guitar. It's not the most playable of all my guitars (it's close), but the tone is just sick. Congrats, and good job getting a few bucks off as well. When I bought mine, I actually nabbed it for $1800 brand new from Musiciansfriend, but they told me the next time I called about another Gibson that Gibson put in place a pricing protection policy so they were no longer able to offer discounts on Gibsons (I was looking into SG's at the time). It's worth every penny and I would have gladly paid $2500 for mine.
wow that's really nice! HNGD! enjoy it!
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Even though this guy just bumped a month and a half old thread, still

Gorgeous guitar! Im incredibly jealous
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500