Has the Vintage Modern got one channel? I know it has some kind of dynamic booster but apart from that I'm not quite sure.

I want to get an amp similar to the JCM800 but my budget is pretty much £700 which this amp seems perfect for.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by forsaknazrael
It's one channel. I don't think it sounds like an 800 at all.

You don't like your 800 combo?

Cheers

Well I don't have it anymore cause I sold it to a friend (I wanted to get a head) but like I said I just wanted a set up like a JCM800.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Get a JCM 800 then
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
VM is one channel, yes.

If you like 800s, there's plenty of clones out there. Peavey VTM, Laney AOR, Sovtek Mig 100, Red Bear and probably some others. I just got a Laney GH50 this morning that goes in the same general direction, so you might like it. All nice enough amps to try out. Also, shouldn't used 800s be within 700 quid in the UK?
I don't really want another 800 since it's really too basic if you see what I mean.

What about one of the two-channel JCM 800s (the 2205 or 2210)? Granted, they have a pretty poor clean channel, but...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
the "dynamic range" function of the VM makes it act like a 2 channel. and it's foot switchable.
basically adding gain with it engaged. two preamp dials let you choose how much gain and on what part of the tone, highs or lows.

i know a lot of people don't like the amp, i think it's great. no, i don't own one but i would. it's very good at low volumes as well.

great amp, i'd rather have that than an 800. yea, i'm not the average UGer.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'd rather have a VM than an 800 too.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I've started to look at the Peavey Windsor, that looks interesting....

Well the Windsor has a resonance knob and it has a boost. Also I don't need it to clean up to well since I'll be running a MXR Distortion III though it and I have the pre amp up so for my cleans I'll roll the volume down on my guitar. Plus it doesn't cost over a grand for a head.

Quote by gregs1020
the "dynamic range" function of the VM makes it act like a 2 channel. and it's foot switchable.
basically adding gain with it engaged. two preamp dials let you choose how much gain and on what part of the tone, highs or lows.

i know a lot of people don't like the amp, i think it's great. no, i don't own one but i would. it's very good at low volumes as well.

great amp, i'd rather have that than an 800. yea, i'm not the average UGer.

+ 1

It's a great amp if you're not st00pid and can figure out how to dial it in. it sounds awesome. I would rather have it than most 800's also. At the very least it's more consistent
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Tokai09
Well the Windsor has a resonance knob and it has a boost. Also I don't need it to clean up to well since I'll be running a MXR Distortion III though it and I have the pre amp up so for my cleans I'll roll the volume down on my guitar. Plus it doesn't cost over a grand for a head.

What about just getting a clean amp like some kind of Fender to run your pedal through it? This way you could have great cleans, and the drive you want.
If you don't want a Fender maybe get a Marshall 100W Plexi or a clone to run your pedal through it, I've heard some people getting really nice results with a setup like that.

Also, you can always buy a boost pedal.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Tokai09
Plus it doesn't cost over a grand for a head.

even in the UK a used VM head is over a grand? really? dayum.
Quote by JesusCrisp
What about just getting a clean amp like some kind of Fender to run your pedal through it? This way you could have great cleans, and the drive you want.
If you don't want a Fender maybe get a Marshall 100W Plexi or a clone to run your pedal through it, I've heard some people getting really nice results with a setup like that.

Also, you can always buy a boost pedal.

I totally forgot about Plexi but aren't they quite expensive?

Quote by gregs1020
even in the UK a used VM head is over a grand? really? dayum.

They cost £700 new

Quote by Tokai09
I totally forgot about Plexi but aren't they quite expensive?

If you look used or for clones, then no.
Even Marshall's 50W Plexi reissues aren't much more expensive than VMs.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
If you look used or for clones, then no.
Even Marshall's 50W Plexi reissues aren't much more expensive than VMs.

Could you link me to some of the clones please?

the 1987x (50 watt) is basically a one channel, one hit pony.

does clean until about 4/10 on the volume, then it's all just added gain. so rolling back on the guitar volume cleans it up nicely without a real volume drop.

it is not a quiet amp, anywhere on the volume dial.