Page 1 of 3
For those of you who remember my last thread...this is the same cipher but I'm not hinting at the source. No more counting characters, you've actually got to break this one.

GL RM EIKKI ALIF EMJAU HUHI W QCAR NJNXR
NF IUDTZY NWPLD W DPP YZ OEBT WXA LIDU ZU GWJFP
KQJJYNSL FWJ YMJ HFZYNTSJI XLSYKLXW XLEW L IQTUBLF
BT QBOIB EGLBQ KC
QFYJJMU AWNGJANN ACFFM QCNB GS VYFUUGJWV TJWSLZ
A JTIQJSX JXU UOPR BS ZLFGREUPD MFE DROH YAWBMAA
LXGTANH MFSIW EUG UUIKKDC GNOC GQ JYGB RM PCQR
G QFCB Y RCYP
ALJCLONP’O NOIEWF TQ LZW UFCU QDT IEZWBHSF’G GHWBU
YNZRAFUYR T’GP YZ WLEMR DY DRBYG XYB LOUT BW ZQVO
P ZPSLUIJ UVEBHUU BOD REMS LX EYGRF LM FWKL RM QGLE
XP AWNGJANN WDIXM GY
GS GCHX’M UM XTLX TL B XFUJSUV ZKJ TCVMVI HKIT
DC BPSSTCXCV KTGHT BN TNTH PGT UWKSR TCF GIOFXQ OFPD
DPLCNSTYR QZC HSLE’C RSN LOCFRGNM CQXBN MJASMVML PCMA
P ZOAY RD JDJX
Could some one link me the old thread maybe? The seems interesting.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Does it have anything to do with the keyboard layout?

It seems like there are inconsistencies in the change to me. There are 3 different single letter words, G, P and B and the only single letter words in English I can think of are I, a and I guess you could say O.
Last edited by uk.mace at Jun 1, 2010,
Frequency analysis isn't helping. I suspect it's not as simple as substituting letters. I'm guessing it's a Vigenere cipher, and the keyword contains the letters K O U and W, among others.

I suspect Y is in the keyword as well

EDIT: My mistake, none of the above is correct. I used the table the wrong way.
Last edited by sashki at Jun 1, 2010,
Quote by sashki
Frequency analysis isn't helping. I suspect it's not as simple as substituting letters.

I think it is. I think it's multiple ciphers rotating. But that's a shot in the dark.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

im out on this one
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by denizenz
To my knowledge, this is a completely unique cipher and has nothing to do with Vigenere. It is, however, polyalphabetic.

Time to take the Enigma machine for a spin...
*VROOM VROOM*
Quote by denizenz
It is, however, polyalphabetic.

Ha! How many different ciphers you have running through here? With that clue (an answer I like) and two days, I might have a shot at this thing.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Ha! How many different ciphers you have running through here? With that clue (an answer I like) and two days, I might have a shot at this thing.

Just one cipher actually. In my last thread, I employed some devious transposition as well. I went easy on you guys.

As I said, I believe this is quite unique and is a very interesting encryption technique. I'm excited to see if someone can break it.
Holy fuckamajig.

Is it using the exact same parameters as your last one? Or variables, or whatever they're called.
Quote by uk.mace
Does it have anything to do with the keyboard layout?

It seems like there are inconsistencies in the change to me. There are 3 different single letter words, G, P and B and the only single letter words in English I can think of are I, a and I guess you could say O.

This could either be due to rotating alphabets (Which I'm betting on) or letter which just represent blank spaces in the plaintext and are there to confuse decipher attempts.

I KEEP SEEING PATTERNS OF 3 BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO APPROACH IT.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Jun 2, 2010,

This is all new to me, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
ಠ_ಠ
Denizenz, can we assume the plaintext is in english?

Also, is the whole text necessary to crack it? I want to copy it down but cba to write it all out.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Denizenz, can we assume the plaintext is in english?

Also, is the whole text necessary to crack it? I want to copy it down but cba to write it all out.

It is certainly in English. You don't necessarily need the entire text to crack it, but it would likely make things easier.
Denizenz=Smart mofucka
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Last edited by mustaine42 at Jun 2, 2010,
I dont get how this could be right...I mean if its english the only single letter words possible are 'I' or 'A' but you have 5 different letters that are aparently single letter words

EDIT: On closer inspection there's even more than that
Last edited by crazykid3000 at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by crazykid3000
I dont get how this could be right...I mean if its english the only single letter words possible are 'I' or 'A' but you have 5 different letters that are aparently single letter words

EDIT: On closer inspection there's even more than that

That's the definition of a polyalphabetic cipher, my good man. Each plaintext letter can be represented by more than one ciphertext letter.
Quote by denizenz
That's the definition of a polyalphabetic cipher, my good man. Each plaintext letter can be represented by more than one ciphertext letter.

Yeah...I think I'll just give up now
Quote by denizenz

Up until now, I thought I had a chance. Fvck me.
@denizenz: where did you start learning this stuff? i find it interesting and would like to learn.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Quote by mustaine42
@denizenz: where did you start learning this stuff? i find it interesting and would like to learn.

To be honest, the puzzle trail Torment sparked my interest. The collective web community has been stuck on (I think) the 19th puzzle for several years. No one has broken that cipher either...

From there I just did some web research, and a small book on ciphers. I'm still learning myself, but this is an idea I had and I'm testing its viability right now...with your help.
Quote by denizenz
In the words of Edgar Allen Poe, "It may be roundly asserted that human ingenuity cannot concoct a cipher which human ingenuity cannot resolve."
I'll take that as "A human cannot create an unbreakable cipher". In which case, that's not true.

Take my example of a vigenere cipher with a random key word that is as long as the cipher text. That's an unbreakable cipher. Not a "quite hard to break" cipher or even an "implossible to break with current technology but may be possible to break in the future" cipher. It is, quite literally, impossible.
Quote by 12345abcd3
I'll take that as "A human cannot create an unbreakable cipher". In which case, that's not true.

Take my example of a vigenere cipher with a random key word that is as long as the cipher text. That's an unbreakable cipher. Not a "quite hard to break" cipher or even an "implossible to break with current technology but may be possible to break in the future" cipher. It is, quite literally, impossible.

Yeah, the problem there is that it is pretty impractical to use a "truly random" sequence of letters.

But I guess you can do quite well with that. The problem is that you need to exchange the cipher key beforehand, that the cipher key will need to be as least as long as the message itself, and it can only be used once (IIRC you can use some statistical methods if such a sequence is used more often). So that would not be very practical...
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
Last edited by keinerniemand at Jun 2, 2010,
Quote by keinerniemand
Yeah, the problem there is that it is pretty impractical to use a "truly random" sequence of letters.

But I guess you can do quite well with that. The problem is that you need to exchange the cipher key beforehand, that the cipher key will need to be as least as long as the message itself, and it can only be used once (IIRC you can use some statistical methods if such a sequence is used more often). So that would not be very practical...
Yeah, I totally agree. I was just pointing out that there is such a thing as an unbreakable cipher.
Unless this is a very, very, very, cruel statistical coincidence, I think I may have found a handhold. I'll have to see where to go from here.

Edit: Found 4 possible conditional alphabets...maybe.

Edit2: Getting comprehensible 5 letter words, might have got it soon, need to fill in blanks and find the pattern.
🙈 🙉 🙊
My guess is this is a poem of sorts (or lyrics for a song) that you merely turned into a cipher.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Page 1 of 3