Well, I bought a BBE Sonic Stomp, along with a Behringer noise gate and Seymour Duncna Blackouts, and Im currently awaiting for the stuff to arrive.

So far, with that stuff added my signal chain will go like this:

Guitar -> Dunlop Crybaby -> ISP Decimator -> Amp (Bugera 333 stack) <- Effect Loop -> Behringer Noise Gate (to gate the pre-amp) -> BBE Sonic Stomp

For starters, I want my tone some-what similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CugnVOTPAM

The main reason I even got the Sonic Maximizer is that from all the demos Ive seen, it helps you get that amazing high-fidelity sound you often hear in recordings such as the Periphery song above. Do you guys think it will help me achieve that sound?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
No.

I have one. I noticed that my tone sounds better when it's on *and* you don't get right in front of the speaker. Right in front of the speaker it's harsh, and my miced recordings sound awful. In my case I was cranking the effect quite a bit. But I really don't see any real amazing upgrade to the sound.

Some people might find it a useful addition. So my comments aren't intended to be a condemnation. But I couldn't see giving up the pedalboard space for it. YMMV
My friend left his over here, it's nothing special in my opinion. By the way, why would you ask this after purchasing one?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Well it was an impulsive thing when I bought it. I had been thinking about getting one for a long time, and I finally decided to go for it, since I needed some items to bring my order total up enough to qualify for a payment plan form Zzounds.com :\ I can hear a night and day difference on a lot of the recordings I listened to, with the pedal being used. I hope it sounds as good with my amp, I just wanted some opinions.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
You will hear a night and day difference. It seems to work like an EQ pedal, although it's supposibly not. Just like an EQ pedal, you'll hear a night and day difference. Let us know how it works out for you. I haven't spent enough time with mine to say if there is any reason why I need it. It just didn't seem to do much more than brighten up the sound. But that may be a good enough reason for some.
Quote by fly135
You will hear a night and day difference. It seems to work like an EQ pedal, although it's supposibly not. Just like an EQ pedal, you'll hear a night and day difference. Let us know how it works out for you. I haven't spent enough time with mine to say if there is any reason why I need it. It just didn't seem to do much more than brighten up the sound. But that may be a good enough reason for some.

I like the chunk and clarity it provides... but an eq pedal could probably do the same thing, but I dont know how to use a graphic EQ so Id be screwed lol...
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro