Hello people of the pit

I don't know how many of you are in Boy scouts. I have been voted into the Order of the Arrow and have to do an ordeal this weekend. i was told not to bring anything but i think thats ridiculous. If anyone has some sort of info on it. please help

Thanks!!
If they told you not to take anything, then don't take anything.

It's really not all that bad. They make a big deal about it all, but it's mostly blown out of proportion. It's not nearly as tough as they try to make it sound.

All my ordeal included was some service projects around the camp, some crappy food, and no talking for 24 hours. Pretty easy really.
did it years and years ago, we didnt bring anything except sleeping bags i think, slept under the stars, it rained to i think. and no talking at all for about 24 hours. at least thats how ours was
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
Do as you are told, that's the point. You'll survive, and look back later, and realize it wasn't that big of a deal. Relax. Take it as it comes. Best of luck.
Quote by jfreyvogel
Bring normal camping gear. You can always leave it in the car.

this

i know at my ordeal, we had to do work without talking, it kinda sucked. worth the patch though...
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by racertj5
did it years and years ago, we didnt bring anything except sleeping bags i think, slept under the stars, it rained to i think. and no talking at all for about 24 hours. at least thats how ours was

This. You'll do a service project for the camp too, so get ready to work.
Quote by keyboardcomrade
Hello people of the pit

I don't know how many of you are in Boy scouts. I have been voted into the Order of the Arrow and have to do an ordeal this weekend. i was told not to bring anything but i think thats ridiculous. If anyone has some sort of info on it. please help

Thanks!!

Do as you're told. You're just gonna sleep out on the ground and do a few ceremonies and "trials"(ie don't talk for x hours).
My leader took me to a campfire, threw this weird plant stuff in it that made a heap of smoke and said:
"speak without using your mouth, eat without food, drink without water, and observe without looking."

Then he left, and I was alone for the night. I still dont know what he meant, but I think he was a stoner and was just trying to be all cool and mystical.
...In my opinion.
Quote by C0FF1NCAS3
Do as you're told. You're just gonna sleep out on the ground and do a few ceremonies and "trials"(ie don't talk for x hours).

yeah, the pretty much sucked...
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Why does everyone seem to find it so normal describing Scouts in terms tantamount to being a cult? I thought you sat around tying knots and singing songs, not sacred rituals...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Don't bring anything! They said to bring nothing, so bring nothing. Jeese, kid! Do what you're told.

well actually i missed the meeting where they explained everything..all the info i've been getting has been through a friend of mine who went through it
Quote by medic24
Do as you are told, that's the point. You'll survive, and look back later, and realize it wasn't that big of a deal. Relax. Take it as it comes. Best of luck.

Thanks man
Turn the whole trip into a re-enactment of a slasher film. (You're gonna want to be the villain in this situation)
I talked the whole time ate shit tons of food and texted a lot, you're gonna be fine
Gingers Unite