Whenever I play with a pick (in b4 'picks suck lolololol'), I notice that my arm tends to go sore after about a minute or so. The problem is, I find no way to avert this:

-Changing my bass height doesn't help
-Relaxing makes me play softer, which causes a volume issue
-Moving my arm instead of my wrist feels clumsy and looks stupid

What the hell am I doing wrong?
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
are you sitting while playing? for some reason my arm gets tired pretty fast if I'm sitting while I play. Fine when I stand up though.
Quote by Bluesrocker5150
are you sitting while playing? for some reason my arm gets tired pretty fast if I'm sitting while I play. Fine when I stand up though.

This. I very, VERY rarely play with a pick (which may explain why it's uncomfortable at times), but if I am, I'm usually experimenting seated and not playing in my normal settings (standing).
All your bass are belong to me <3
Quote by Bluesrocker5150

I play standing up, but both give me problems.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
What I find myself doing while using a pick is resting my loxer forearm near the wrist on the top of the body on the bass. See if that helps.
Gear:
Schecter Stiletto Custom 5
Ibanez SR300F
Line 6 LD175
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 15

Quote by Derk'ed
Bass gets you laid. Tell him that.
I generally anchor my hand somewhere if I'm going to do some speedpicking. Generally just above the E string, but with enough room to be able to jump down to the A.
I'm typically a finger player on bass. I can play guitar with a pick all day and not get tired; strumming, solos, arpeggios, etc. no problem. But if I use a pick on bass, I'm good for about twenty minutes and then my wrist hurts. I think it has a lot to do with string spacing and thickness.

My only suggestion would be to find the most comfortable position for you and just keep at it to build up stamina.
Quote by subliminaldelta
-Relaxing makes me play softer, which causes a volume issue

Try and stay relaxed. If its causing volume issues, turn your amp up. If you play all tensed up, you'll wear yourself out faster.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass