Ok so I wake up this afternoon and pick up my bass to play it like I normally do... I flip on my amp and I get this fuzz. The fuzz is kinda like the fuzz from tube amps only it's really loud. I tried a different cable, then a different bass. I found out that it was my bass (Soundgear sr185).

Anyone know what the problem is? The fuzz gets worse the more eq I use, and when I don't use any eq then it gives an overdriven (kinda overdrven only without distortion and just this floppy sound) kind of tone.

Bass - Soundgear sr185
Amp - Peavey KB2 keyboard amp

Any help would be great.

EDIT: Also, I don't think that they are active pickups so I don't think it's a battery problem.
Random off brand P Bass (Fretless)
SR 485 Sound gear 5 string bass
60's Crown violin bass
Rogue RA-100D Acoustic Guitar
-
Peavey TNT 115 Bass Amp
Bass Big Muff pi
Dunlop Crybaby Bass Wah
Last edited by EBass at Jun 1, 2010,
Sounds like a wire has come loose on the input jack.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Well I opened it to check for a loose wire and found a 9volt battery... guess I should probably change that.

Sorry, my bad. I should have checked for that.
Random off brand P Bass (Fretless)
SR 485 Sound gear 5 string bass
60's Crown violin bass
Rogue RA-100D Acoustic Guitar
-
Peavey TNT 115 Bass Amp
Bass Big Muff pi
Dunlop Crybaby Bass Wah
Quote by EBass
Well I opened it to check for a loose wire and found a 9volt battery... guess I should probably change that.

Sorry, my bad. I should have checked for that.

I had the same issue when I purchased my Schecter Stiletto Elite-5 ages ago and had no idea what an "active" bass was, or that it had a battery...especially one that would destroy my tone when it began to die.
All your bass are belong to me <3