Do I need to be able to read music to learn music theory? This may be a dumbass question but I am major n00b and honestley have no idea thx in advance
Quote by addim809
Do I need to be able to read music to learn music theory? This may be a dumbass question but I am major n00b and honestley have no idea thx in advance

No, but it helps to know how to read music.
Not a bit.

Just step yourself outside, and look up at the stars above.

Quote by addim809

Can you tell me the Key Signature of Am Major n00b?

No brah, you don't.

ps:
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Well the music theory class I took started with simple stuff like note recognition and key signatures and then moved on to difficult stuff in steps. I didn't know how to read music going in and it's taught me how.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d

B#

Just step yourself outside, and look up at the stars above.

Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d

If Am Major made sense, he probably could.
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d

Am major? lol
not really, but it would probably help a fair amount for the purpose of taking lessons and things. It isn't that difficult really, although transferring notes on a stave to frets on a guitar could potentially be a pain. Actually learning to read music would probably take you about an hour.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.