I have a MIM P-Bass (2006? It has a 60th anniversary logo on the back of the headstock) for 3 years and an Acoustic B100 that I've had for about a year and a half. The problem is that the setup I have is way too bright and top-heavy, and I want to have a less agressive tone, but still be noticed. Sort of a felt-not-heard type of thing. How can I do this without just turning into thunder? More like a Stefan Lessard type of tone, rather than, say, Flea.

Also, and this is probably related, the output jack on my bass has some issues. When the screws on the pickguard are nice and snug (as they should be), it cuts some of the top end and becomes muffled. In other words, if there is pressure on the jack, there is a loss of the top end.

Thanks guys,

Luke

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Try not changing strings for a long time.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
roll off the tone slightly.

Flatwound strings would probably help too.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think