Hey, I have a peavey 5150 cab in my basement, and i'm buying a new amp head, it's a marshall MA, and i'm wondering if they will be compatable...

Im not sure if the cab is 8 or 16 ohms, so i need to know which it is, also here's a link to the amp im getting... http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=14&P_ID=23355&PT_ID=46

Thanks for the help and putting up with what im sure is a dumb question
The cab should say by the speaker jacks, the 6505 cabs are 16 ohms, I'd imagine they're the same. On another note, Marshall MA's are terrible..
Quote by im_bored
The cab should say by the speaker jacks, the 6505 cabs are 16 ohms, I'd imagine they're the same. On another note, Marshall MA's are terrible..

Ah, well i see. well that didn't exactly answer my question, I was wondering if you know if they are compatible, and actually it's not terrible, i've tried the one i'm buying with my effects and my guitars, i like it, Only thing is it doesn't have alot of the extra stuff the more expensive ones have, but the sound is fine, it just takes some tinkering with to clean it up. Beside's it all comes down to sound preference, i like it, it sure kicks the crap out of the MG series, which is the only marshall i amp i've tried that i dont like.
The only things that make amps and cabs compatible are impedance(ohms) and power handling(watts), so assuming you're cab is 16 ohms, yes they are compatible
Quote by im_bored
The only things that make amps and cabs compatible are impedance(ohms) and power handling(watts), so assuming you're cab is 16 ohms, yes they are compatible

okay, thanks alot. and have you actually tried a marshall MA? or are you going on what you've heard, cause i think it's great, fewer controls so it's easier to handle for me