People just assume negative things about you or your interests and don't even give you a chance? My AP English teacher did this today really bad.

We had an assignment just to keep us doing something at the end of the year where we had to analyze a song and play it or the class. I took a long ass time to come up with a song that was kinda calm and free of profanity and questionable material and ended up with "I Found A Way" by Alkaline Trio.

As soon as the kinda reverberated spoken intro and she goes is this a nice song?!? Then through the whole song all she is doing is telling me that the whole song is about drugs and that's all punk music is. She told me that EVER punk band is stoners and just kept on bashing my music and my influences all while preaching to us.

Finally I got pissed. I'm not sure what it was she said that pushed me a little too far, but I said something along the lines of ; "Look, you don't know a thing about what you're bashing. Can you even name me 2 punk bands?" And of course she couldn't and I told her that if she doesn't know anything about a subject, not to open her mouth about it. I said to back off because she has no right to sit and talk a bunch of unsupported bullshit just because it doesn't fit the cookie cutter mold of her religion and what she thinks our generation and society should be. By this point I had my whole class backing me so whe sit down and shut up, but it really pissed me off.

Have any of you had to put up with condescending or judgmental people lately and just want to vent about it?
I did a Sublime song for a similar project and everyone assumed it would be about smoking weed and/or partying.

I did "Pool Shark." Everyone was almost in tears by the end of my presentation.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I did Master Exploder by Tenacious D for something like this teacher seemed fine with all the swearing and it went pretty well i guess we have more relaxed attitudes here in england.
Cool story bro.
Quote by MightyAl
A girl is a mythical creature, somewhat akin to a unicorn, or chimera.
They don't really exist, but it would be cool if they did.
It also sort of gets to me when UGers don't really take advantage of the blog feature in their profiles, but who am I to judge.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by DavidBuchanan
We had an assignment just to keep us doing something at the end of the year where we had to analyze a song and play it or the class.

Tough choice.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Tough choice.

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
similar project, i did "mama told me not to come" (3 dog night)

now they think im a perv and stoner...
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by dudetheman
I did a Sublime song for a similar project and everyone assumed it would be about smoking weed and/or partying.
I did "Pool Shark." everyone was almost in tears by the end of my presentation.

that song is ****ing amazing man
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Yeah people like that are quite obnoxious. Luckily I haven't really met anyone like that for a year or two.
I did A Change of Seasons - Dream Theater

Needless to say, my teacher got pissed at about the 6 minute mark. Wasn't even close to halfway done
Quote by ripdime04
that song is ****ing amazing man

I know. It's so powerful once you catch all the metaphors and allegory.

I also played a video about his death in which his father and fellow band members were interviewed about his problem. That part brought everyone to tears; that, and when I played the song at the end of the presentation.

I got an A.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I had to do this, everyone in the class choose cookie cutter rap, Lil wayne Etc, so Finally my turn, and Last, I play Protest the Hero- She who Mars the skin of Gods, and I didn't even get 1 minuete into the song everyone in the class was bitching so much, I had to stay after and give the presentation just to the teacher.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Dude, that is the perfect opportunity. Since you've had this teacher all year, I'm sure you already knew/could've guessed that she would react that way. You should've expected her to flip out like that and prepared some things to say, similar to the things you said, but in a calmer manner and made her look ignorant and close-minded and overall just silly by out arguing her.

For example, if you had anticipated she would say something about drugs (which isn't too hard to guess imo) you could've had the lyrics ready and said, well no, here's what its about. That sort of thing.
When I was in 7th grade we did a similar thing. Except we had to pick the best song to represent us.

I picked "White And Nerdy" by Weird Al. Everyone had a laugh and we all went on with our day.
I did that with the lyrics. She kept flipping through there trying to say something, but she couldn't find anything, so she decided that when he says 'It's not safe, Dont follow me' that is proof that it's about drugs. She made herself look horribly stupid.
for a spanish project I did a cover of an amon amarth song and rewrote the lyrics in spanish and made them about the topic, then recorded both guitars and vocals and presented it for the class. I thought it would go down something like TS's story, but my spanish teacher is cooler than i had previously thought. I actually got a 97 on it.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by DavidBuchanan
People just assume negative things about you or your interests and don't even give you a chance? My AP English teacher did this today really bad.

We had an assignment just to keep us doing something at the end of the year where we had to analyze a song and play it or the class. I took a long ass time to come up with a song that was kinda calm and free of profanity and questionable material and ended up with "I Found A Way" by Alkaline Trio.

As soon as the kinda reverberated spoken intro and she goes is this a nice song?!? Then through the whole song all she is doing is telling me that the whole song is about drugs and that's all punk music is. She told me that EVER punk band is stoners and just kept on bashing my music and my influences all while preaching to us.

Finally I got pissed. I'm not sure what it was she said that pushed me a little too far, but I said something along the lines of ; "Look, you don't know a thing about what you're bashing. Can you even name me 2 punk bands?" And of course she couldn't and I told her that if she doesn't know anything about a subject, not to open her mouth about it. I said to back off because she has no right to sit and talk a bunch of unsupported bullshit just because it doesn't fit the cookie cutter mold of her religion and what she thinks our generation and society should be. By this point I had my whole class backing me so whe sit down and shut up, but it really pissed me off.

Have any of you had to put up with condescending or judgmental people lately and just want to vent about it?

Oh my god dude, your so bad ass

Quote by tubatom868686
Oh my god dude, your so bad ass

I was going to be sarcastic and compliment you, but then I remembered that twats such as yourself don't understand fake compliments. So I decided that I would just call you an offensive name and then judge your sense of humor.

"You are not funny, you twat."
Quote by JacobTheMe
I was going to be sarcastic and compliment you, but then I remembered that twats such as yourself don't understand fake compliments. So I decided that I would just call you an offensive name and then judge your sense of humor.

"You are not funny, you twat."

Okay, cool. Not really interested in arguing. Im just saying, Im sure what actually happened is nothing like what TS described. If it happened.

But whatevs Maybe it did, idk, I wasnt there.
Quote by tubatom868686
Okay, cool. Not really interested in arguing. Im just saying, Im sure what actually happened is nothing like what TS described. If it happened.

But whatevs Maybe it did, idk, I wasnt there.

It seems more like you're arguing with yourself
arent you a badass
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by Philly080
It seems more like you're arguing with yourself

You cant prove UG isnt one big conversation with you and 1 other person
I recorded a deathcore song for my language class as a joke. Had to be about Romeo and Juliet, lyrics were totally related. I play it, first scream came in I got so many O_O faces. The teacher was like wtf is this sh*t, but later on calmed down. Some douchebags in my class, however, were like really, you should have sung that, the screaming sounded horrible, it was absolute garbage.

People who listened to deathcore said it was a pretty decent song, they said if anything the screams weren't as good as it was.

TL;DR: Teacher liked, students didn't.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Alkaline Trio are punk?

Not that this is a negative assumption, but my History teacher found me reading 'No One Knows - The Queens of the Stone Age Story' (poorly written garbage, don't buy it) in class and thought of me as a gay from then on.

I'd probably be kidding myself if there weren't other contributing factors, but that was the main one. Probably.
Quote by red157
Alkaline Trio are punk?

Not that this is a negative assumption, but my History teacher found me reading 'No One Knows - The Queens of the Stone Age Story' (poorly written garbage, don't buy it) in class and thought of me as a gay from then on.

I'd probably be kidding myself if there weren't other contributing factors, but that was the main one. Probably.

why is that gay and how immature is your history teacher?
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by B4Dkarma
why is that gay and how immature is your history teacher?

Immature's harsh; he was... simple. Though I have a few chav friends who've assumed the same (about the band, this time) based on their name alone.

Think Homme even named 'em that to put off all the douche metal fans who listened to Kyuss.
Quote by JacobTheMe
When I was in 7th grade we did a similar thing. Except we had to pick the best song to represent us.

I picked "White And Nerdy" by Weird Al. Everyone had a laugh and we all went on with our day.

I did this too.
Quote by dudetheman
I know. It's so powerful once you catch all the metaphors and allegory.

I also played a video about his death in which his father and fellow band members were interviewed about his problem. That part brought everyone to tears; that, and when I played the song at the end of the presentation.

I got an A.

haha nice man, such a tragic death man, he had a ****in talent
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter