Hello all, miss me?

Anyways, I was rewiring a friend's guitar today, and decided to do mine, too. So, I took out my unnecessary middle and neck pickups, and I'm left with a Rockfield Fatass in the bridge, with a single volume control. (I have the 5-way selector switch & the tone knob still in, but disconnected) I was considering adding some sort of effect to the space where the pickups were, and using the extra space in the control cavity for pots/toggles/etc. for said effect.

I don't really use much for effects, just straight into my amp, BUT my amp consists of a combo amp as a preamp, and a power amp, so I was thinking it may be more practical to possibly put a tube-powered distortion of some sort inside (assuming there's room).

I don't mean anything too complicated of course, possibly something like this, and remove the guts to put in my guitar.

The guitar is a H/S/H basswood ibanez, with a 5-way switch single tone/volume controls, there is about room for 3 more (small) pots if i remove the 5-way switch.

I'm also open to ideas, just keep in mind I don't want new pickups.
Quote by Steve46
thanks alot ice condition!! your the breast!

The best bosom in all of UG.
I've seen the modboards, I'm a little sketchy about them ... and well that pedal too.

Does anyone know of any alternative I could use? Just a small preamp/distortion that can replace my amp, since it's much easier to carry around a pedal than it is a whole amp.
Quote by Steve46
thanks alot ice condition!! your the breast!

The best bosom in all of UG.