Check out your local music shop, or musiciansfriend.com

What style are you looking to play? What are your influences?

Also, if your budget is $200 you won't be finding a new Gibson, unless you go second hand
An Epiphone Les Paul Jr starter setup can be had for $127 here.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Jr.-Electric-Guitar-Player-Pack?sku=518744#used

A Gibson will cost a heck of a lot over $200.

My neighbor gave me one of these a few days ago and it's a lot of fun. Nothing revolutionary, but a very capable first guitar imho. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-Electric-Guitar?sku=518334
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Quote by Travesty_Prone
Check out your local music shop, or musiciansfriend.com

What style are you looking to play? What are your influences?

Also, if your budget is $200 you won't be finding a new Gibson, unless you go second hand

Well yeah im looking for used ones ,
Also my influence are bands like greenday , linkin park , simple plan , blink 182 , sum41 .

But i started learning from a manga/anime called BECK XD
You may want to look at Gibson Melody Makers. They're pretty much the same as LP Jrs, just the headstock is a slimmer design and the pickup is a little brighter-sounding. Essentually they're the same though. Melody maker tends to be around £200 cheaper than the Gibson LP Jr (I don't know what the US prices are), so I would think you could pick up a second hand one for a reasonable price.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
You may want to look at Gibson Melody Makers. They're pretty much the same as LP Jrs, just the headstock is a slimmer design and the pickup is a little brighter-sounding. Essentually they're the same though. Melody maker tends to be around £200 cheaper than the Gibson LP Jr (I don't know what the US prices are), so I would think you could pick up a second hand one for a reasonable price.

yeah i had the melody maker in my mind
im not in US but i am in canada.
thanks for the info
Quote by BrylleyM
yeah i had the melody maker in my mind
im not in US but i am in canada.
thanks for the info

Where are you in Canada? If your in Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal you can get at Steve's for around $500 bucks new. I would definatly try it out before you buy though. They're kind of iffy quality wise.

Also check out the used department. If you can find an Epiphone 57 Les Paul JR with the set neck JUMP ON IT!!!! It'll be like 300 bucks and they're absolutly amazing
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
I would STRONGLY advice going the Fender route if you can't afford to drop over 200...

A friend of mine who works at my local music shop is pretty adamant that most Epiphones below 400 bucks use garbage electronics amongst other things. They're evidently looking to stop carrying the lower end ones in shop because they actually feel bad selling them to folks... just something to think about...

If you're looking to go used though, you could save a bit and get yourself a MIM Stratocaster for around 300. I picked up a beautiful MIM with upgraded pickups for 300 and haven't looked back since.