Hello. I am about to buy the "Audio Buddy" microphone preamp by M-Audio for my dynamic microphone.

1) Right now I have been recording vocals through my guitar pedal (Digitech RP250) and the quality sounds decent, my question is if I buy the audio buddy will the quality of my recording become significantly better? Enough for me to buy the preamp?

2) On the website it says it has 1/4" outputs and since I can't plug that into my computer I will need an adapter for it, so should I get a 1/4" to usb adapter OR a 1/4" to 1/8" cable adapter? Which one gives better sound quality?

3) If a mic has a metal screen over it does it still need a pop filter?

4) I know that condenser mics are better for recording vocals than dynamic mics but I want to know how much better they are? and if it is worth getting a condenser for vocals.

Sorry for so many questions, but I just want to be sure. Thanks if you read all of the questions.
Well first off you need an Audio Interface, not a preamp. Your quality is suffering because of this reason. If you plug that preamp directly into your PC, the sound quality will be very bad. An audio interface takes the place of your PC sound card. PC sound cards are not ment for recording, they are ment for reproducing audio.

And secondly a pop filter reduces plosives from air from your voice hitting the mic. I pop filter breaks this air up reducing the plosives caused by the air. So yes you will need one still unless you dont have a problem with that in your recordings but generally its a good idea.

Forget about the preamp, you dont need it. Your way better off with an audio interface. Your guitar and vocals will sound so much better quality wise.
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-
Nope does not make a difference. And yes that is a great choice audio interface, for that price range cant really get much better.
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-
Quote by avafreak252
Does it make any different that I use an iMac? Also please take a look at this audio interface http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio-Fast-Track-MKII-105632467-i1474272.gc
Do you think this is decent?

If you want that interface and stuff to actually start a pretty good home studio, get this: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/M-Audio-Fast-Track-MKII-Studio-Package?sku=485736
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp