I plan on replacing the stock pickups in my Ibanez SZ soon and so far I have settled on the Duncan Distortion for the bridge. Which Duncan would you guys reccommend me for the neck? I'm looking for something that will clean up nicely but have enough output to play solos on. I never use the neck pickup for distorted rhythms, I only use it for cleans and solos
I have a Duncan Jazz in the neck on one of my guitar, sounds awsome, I would reccomend it. I also mostly use it for cleans and solos, very occasionally distorted rhythms. It's paired with a JB though, I don't know how well it will match up with a Distortion, I can't imagine it being bad though.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
From seymour duncan's page on duncan distortion which is here http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/progressive/sh6_duncan_dist/

description
Yields high output while retaining clarity. The massive ceramic magnet and hot coil windings deliver tremendous power and raw distorted rock sounds. More aggressive than the SH-5 Duncan Custom. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable.

complete setup
Available for both neck and bridge positions. Often a Distortion bridge is paired with an SH-2n Jazz Model in the neck for good clean tones and versatility.
Eh.
Quote by FuzzLove
I have a Duncan Jazz in the neck on one of my guitar, sounds awsome, I would reccomend it. I also mostly use it for cleans and solos, very occasionally distorted rhythms. It's paired with a JB though, I don't know how well it will match up with a Distortion, I can't imagine it being bad though.

i also have it but being a jazz oriented pick up it lacks high end.

Go for the '59 in the neck.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...