There are a lot of shows I want to go to this summer, but nobody I know is really into the same music I am. I guess going alone is better than not going at all, but I still think I would feel like somewhat of a loser for doing so.

I've only been to like....maybe 3 shows before, and they were all big artists (Billy Joel, Neil Diamond etc.) at big venues and I went with my dad.

Does anyone here go to shows alone? Is it common?
There's already a thread on this.

Go alone, why should you care? You do like the artist you're going to see don't you?
Last edited by ikitson at Jun 1, 2010,
Almost every single show I've ever been to the person next to me or the person next to the people im with have been alone, so I/we usually buy them a beer, so who knows...maybe youll get lucky and end up next to me
Is it weird? Not at all. I prefer to do everything else alone personally, so it'd be normal for me. Going alone gives you more of an opportunity to meet new people usually.

Don't feel ashamed TS, if you want to go to a showby yourself, just go.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I go to shows all by myself all the time. Are you worried that people will see you standing alone and think you're a freak?
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
If you will enjoy yourself, go for it. And remember, most of the people there will like the artist, so you'll instantly have something to talk about it should you want to start a conversation with somebody. But once the music starts it won't matter.
If you go alone, you can just walk up to random people and say the stupidist shit without caring. You will never see those people again, right?
ESP EC-1000 VB
Ibanez Gio
Peavey Vypyr 15w
I agree with that's been said; there's nothing wrong with going alone. You'll actually have a chance to meet some interesting people, where as, in a group, you're more likely to just stay with you friends.
never gone to a show alone and don't plan on it..

but if I couldn't find anyone to go with me I would go alone, why not.
I go to most shows alone. Honestly, I like it better that way.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
It will free the rest of your senses to experience the fullness of what is rock.

Have fun loser.

Ne me quitte pas mon chere.
I've never been to a show ever (I missed out on a chance to see Bruce Springsteen or go to Mayhem) so I have yet to know what it feels like. But if I couldn't find anyone who would want to go with me, then I guess I would go alone and screeeeeeeam like a b****
I go to shows alone all the time.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
I go alone every now and then. Makes driving home alot harder without getting a DUI.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
I've never been to a concert alone but I don't think it would be weird, and on the plus side you wouldn't have to worry getting separated from your friend(s).
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
I went to a show alone alone and I still had a great time. In some respects it's better because you focus only on the music rather than talking to your friends. People don't really pay attention to you unless you make conversation. You'll feel weird about it until it actually starts and then you just have a great time
Quote by RawPower218
I guess going alone is better than not going at all, but I still think I would feel like somewhat of a loser for doing so.
A loser? Nah, I don't think so. But it leaves out a large part of the concert experience. A shared adventure.

You still get to see the same band(s), make some new acquaintances, etc. But you don't have the travel back and forth with your buddies or your date. And you don't share the memories with people you see often. So it does come up a bit short.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
A loser? Nah, I don't think so. But it leaves out a large part of the concert experience. A shared adventure.

You still get to see the same band(s), make some new acquaintances, etc. But you don't have the travel back and forth with your buddies or your date. And you don't share the memories with people you see often. So it does come up a bit short.

Better than not having the experience at all
Go alone. Dress impeccably. Have a few.

I don't know about you but once I have a few beers in me I become Mr. Social. I'm naturally stoic but also naturally very witty so the buzz takes away my reservations and allows me to be outgoing.
We're only strays.